The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] COL - 04/10/14 - 7PM

Strombone1

Can't happen any more, 6th overall pick is as good as we can get without winning the lottery

false , 5th overall is still possible with Calgary winning tonight. Although very unlikely, as we would have to go pointless. Calgary would also have to win out their last two(one against us), Winnipeg would have to win their last game and Carolina would need a win in one of their final three.

false , 5th overall is still possible with Calgary winning tonight. Although very unlikely, as we would have to go pointless. Calgary would also have to win out their last two(one against us), Winnipeg would have to win their last game and Carolina would need a win in one of their final three.

calgary can't catch us, if we lose out and they win their remaining games we'll be tied in points and ROW but we hold the 3rd tiebreaker which is points earned between the two teams. we've won every game against them

Please lose. 5-0 Avs

I get that you want a higher draft pick, but why would you want the team (and Marks in particular) to get a beat down?

i suspect the guys will be inspired by Linden's jumping on board and they will play very hard. Although I find it repugnant to cheer against my team, I would rather see a good effort even if a loss is imminent.

I get that you want a higher draft pick, but why would you want the team (and Marks in particular) to get a beat down?

i suspect the guys will be inspired by Linden's jumping on board and they will play very hard. Although I find it repugnant to cheer against my team, I would rather see a good effort even if a loss is imminent.

^^^ Exactly this

+

Who cares about a higher pick in a weak draft year, the best we can do if we lose all 3 remaining games would be 6th in the draft lottery

And who knows, may be Trevor will show us some wizardry with some trades on draft day.

Since the players are auditionning for next year line up and Trevor in the president's box, the guys will want to play hard. And which fans anyway want their Canucks to be losers ?

GO Canucks GO

Going to be sitting in my living room watching this game with absolutely no emotion. Oh well, Trevor Linden era is beginning and soon we'll have a new GM. Can't wait for this team to have some new life and to grow. Brighter days ahead, just as long as we don't have a failed rebuild like the Oilers, but I have faith that won't happen. Can't see this organization losing on purpose with the hope that 18 year olds can carry the team to the top. Got to have that veteran leadership to teach the younger players how to compete and win in this league.

calgary can't catch us, if we lose out and they win their remaining games we'll be tied in points and ROW but we hold the 3rd tiebreaker which is points earned between the two teams. we've won every game against them

Ah I thought since they would have more wins they'd get the nod. That sucks

If the Nux come out flying tonight, does it mean they were not playing for GMMG or are happy with Linden?

If they don't, are they trying to get Torts fired? Would the players actually act like this?

Did not Kesler say something about Torts taking "the room" away from the players, and someone else speculate that Torts gave it back to the players after GMMG's rant/interview on Team 1040?

I do not see the team intentionally tanking for a draft pick improvement, but they may tune-out or otherwise play differently due to respect for the coach/management.

It is going to be an interesting game tonight no matter what happens.

Archived