The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

I dont get it the bruins are out and still no announsement? I think its all fake and not gonna happen everyone needs to know this is just a roumur about bening

you do realize his team was just eliminated last night... It will probably a couple days even weeks after that anything will happen with him.

I dont get it the bruins are out and still no announsement? I think its all fake and not gonna happen everyone needs to know this is just a roumur about bening

This is why this forum is so polarizing.

15 year olds

adults who post like 15 year olds unknowingly

adults who post like 15 year olds knowingly ahahha

This is as perfect, and completely off the mark statement as could be made? Obviously we are discussing Torts and his collapse to the net, shot blocking style of playing defense. Torts was a systems coach, ie one who had a system and wanted players to adapt to it. But we did not have the right players to adapt to that system. He might well be a good coach, but was not going to be here without a change in players.

Our 2011 team was a GREAT defensive team, and we were as far removed from a team that sat bock and clogged the middle, if thats what you call defense, as there is. We had big forwards (Malhotra, Torres, Kesler, Lapierre) back checking or fighting in front of the net contributing to shut down big forwards, sure. But we also had Raymond, Hansen, Kesler, Burrows and Torres constantly attacking the D man with the puck in our end, not sitting back. Pressuring to create turnovers, fore checking... And our mobile D jumped to the corners to pressure forwards with the puck and rotated to cover the net. Meantime those same forwards patrolled passing lanes to pick off any pass to the middle. Again, all instead of sitting back. Defense does not have to be passive!

I know what you are saying, not actually trying to contradict you. I sorely miss that attacking style! Trotz has played both attacking and trapping styles of D has been my observation.

Torts was a systems coach? I hope you were joking

There is no such a thing as the "Boston model"..How many models are there in the NHL? Wings model, Boston model, Sharks model, Kings model, Hawks model..seems like 30 models in the NHL which has 30 teams.

That's right. How about continuing the Canucks model... since we're talking bout the Canucks...

The model worked wonders for almost ten years. Continue the course of design. Of course, that does not translate as; keep everyone and stale it up even further. It means good old Canucks hockey.

Benning is apparently now saying "now comment" when asked about the Canucks job. My guess is that he has either been hired or is in the negotiation process. I feel convinced he is going to be our new GM, however I could be wrong. I think it is just good tact, and professionalism to give Boston and it's fans a few days or weeks to let the dust settle.

This is why this forum is so polarizing.

15 year olds

adults who post like 15 year olds unknowingly

adults who post like 15 year olds knowingly ahahha

dont forget those who think they are better than everyone else on CDC...

How sad is it that the happiest day in a Canuck fan's life, is the day when another team loses and the Canucks had absolutely nothing to do with it?

Yep. That's it right there. Vindictive finicky fans.

How sad is it that the happiest day in a Canuck fan's life, is the day when another team loses and the Canucks had absolutely nothing to do with it?

I must admit that was one of the better games I've watched this Spring. So glad that the Habs won, and better yet, they beat the Bruins by turning their other cheek, showing us all that you don't have to punch, slap, slash or whatever else that Bruin team does after the whistle. Even though, the whistle was put in the refs pocket for the better part of the third period.

Benning is apparently now saying "now comment" when asked about the Canucks job. My guess is that he has either been hired or is in the negotiation process. I feel convinced he is going to be our new GM, however I could be wrong.I think it is just good tact, and professionalism to give Boston and it's fans a few days or weeks to let the dust settle.

No way would of happen by now its almost two days and other teams probaly will scoop him up or will stay in boston. More media lies to get people to talk about something

Its to late

No way would of happen by now its almost two days and other teams probaly will scoop him up or will stay in boston. More media lies to get people to talk about something

Its to late

It's one day after Boston has been eliminated...How is it too late? :lol:

Even if an offer has been made to Benning, he's going to take time to consider it.

Patience people. This process can take time. There are candidates to consider other than Benning as well.

Its to late

Two days since what???

Archived