The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

He has $4.2M in performance bonuses on his contract, but no idea what the qualifications are for attaining them. Just how much they'll have to defer while still bringing players back (and adding 4 more players to their roster for next year) is up in the air until we get the final numbers.

Cap geek has already reported it will be 4.5 million.

or, you know, he could be the tough, right handed sniper that goes to the dirty areas that the sedins have been waiting a decade for.

But Jensen! Seriously though, I'd want to spread my youth through the line up and keep a veteran presence on each line. There may be games where they load up, but it wouldn't be my preference all the time.

Cap geek has already reported it will be 4.5 million.

I've only seen them put up an estimate, here's a tweet from 9 hours ago:

CapGeek @capgeek

No, it's only an estimate right now ($3.7M-$4.5M). MT @willt18 Is Bruins bonus penalty factored into next year's cap on the site yet?

And the tweets prior:

CapGeek @capgeek

A note as the #Bruins #NHL season comes to a close. It's estimated they'll have a bonus overage penalty of up to $4.5M next season.

The overage, due to bonuses primarily earned by Jarome Iginla, comes directly off the cap. The exact amount will be confirmed in late June.

It is believed Iginla hit $3.7M of his bonuses. Missed on $250K for not winning Stanley Cup and another $250K for not winning three rounds.

So it's Iginla's bonuses, plus any earned by Krug, Hamilton and others, that should come directly off the #Bruins 2014-15 cap.

Apparently Boston will have bonus penalties of around 4 million dollars added to their cap next season because of Iginlas's contract.

Plus some bonuses earned by Krug and Hamilton.

So in the end they'll end up getting stuck with a cap hit twice the amount Iginla was paid this season while he becomes a UFA.

So what will their Cap ceiling be? 66 mill?

How sad is it that the happiest day in a Canuck fan's life, is the day when another team loses and the Canucks had absolutely nothing to do with it?

I dunno rupert i thought we sent weise as a weapon for the habs to beat down boston ;)

Part of that victory is ours espesialy if weise comes back here in the ofseason haha

His Bio says he just turned 14 recently-ish. Cut the poor child a break. He's barely in the throes of puberty and may still be wondering why he still has hair "growing down there".

Sorry "Bure to Mogilny", I couldn't resist piling on... ^_^

O no problem jerk there is thousands of people angry with themselfs like u who have to try and bring down othres. Ever bin to high school?

Not shook :)

Sanctimonious? Hardly.

I honestly believe that it's sad that someone's happiest moment is a rival's failure, rather than their own success.

that is a sad case but with the canucks out of it and never in it, what else do we have...now if the canucks advanced and people were happier about boston not....that would be sad.

Guest Dasein

sweet. now when the Canucks sign Iginla this offseason ... "The Next Hossa'

LMAO

Seriously though. Sedins + Iginla would be so boss.

He has $4.2M in performance bonuses on his contract, but no idea what the qualifications are for attaining them. Just how much they'll have to defer while still bringing players back (and adding 4 more players to their roster for next year) is up in the air until we get the final numbers.

So, 3.7 was based on simply appearing in 10 regular season games. The remaining 500K is paltry compared to this.

Archived