The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Jim Benning signs as new Canucks GM

TheRussianRocket.

Hedman apparently has some silly ruse planned for offering some sort of non-descript cookies to CDC users with no plan to actually follow through.

I believe it may be some new form of cookie-trolling.

Well that's just ridiculous. My hopes....crumbled...

What a chip

Alright I'll stop.

I thought you needed one since you was were smart enough to come up with that dumb answer.

So you only make your cookies by yourself... are you a female? ;)

*FTFY

Not the last time I checked.

Well that's just ridiculous. My hopes....crumbled...

What a chip

Alright I'll stop.

Please continue! Far more riveting than any of the other discussion taking place here today. *cough* Hedman *cough*

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0014122007.html

Wrong. Forsberg, Kariya, Arnott, Erat, Legwand and hell even Hartnell were on this team.

Still couldn't get past the 2nd Round. I'm iffy on Trotz.

Arnott in his later years, Kariya after endless concussions on the downside of his carerr, Forsberg after his "comeback" for barely a less than stellar season and Hartnell was a nobody at the time.

None of them stuck with the team or were consistent scoring threats at that point in time in their careers.

Arnott in his later years, Kariya after endless concussions on the downside of his carerr, Forsberg after his "comeback" for barely a less than stellar season and Hartnell was a nobody at the time.

None of them stuck with the team or were consistent scoring threats at that point in time in their careers.

Foppa had a mangled paw to skate on too at that point if I recall. Still an unreal talent...but on ~1.5 skates was a shadow of his former self.

I wonder what his favourite cookie is?

Foppa had a mangled paw to skate on too at that point if I recall. Still an unreal talent...but on ~1.5 skates was a shadow of his former self.

I wonder what his favourite cookie is?

NO question the guy likes nuts in his cookies, probably walnuts. Amazing iron supplement.

And yes, Foppa was banged up, him and Kariya put up solid numbers regardless but by and away far from their usual output and no quesiton in the tail end of their careers.

Not players I would call consistent roster players for a less than full season.

As for Radulov...seriously? The guy had all the skill in the world but was selfish, lazy and combative a poor team mate and a social parasite as evidenced by endless fights culminating in him chasing down his wifes car in freaking Russia and smashing it up with a liqour bottle after a fight outside of a restaraunt or some such nonsense.

Radulov getting benched and then subsequently NOT coming back to the Preds might be the best thing to ever happen to the Preds.

I always hated games against the Predators. So boring. If Trotz is hired you can count me out. Again.

See you later, real fans stay on the train. I was totally against the hiring of Torts but still stuck by the team

I'm saying it was MG.

The team's "production" was declining both years after the SCF - not one. (also we were 1 goal away from bowing out the first round).

You look at the stats for goals for and against as well as individual players and they were all going down.

We "won" our division so many years because of how crappy the other teams in it were.

Last year the divisions realigned and our weakness was only exemplified.

Yes, I'm saying it was the team and not AV nor Torts.

Edit: for the record I was indifferent to Torts coming here and I agree, he was not the solution - but only after the season was over. Like I said, it just correlates with the scenario that the team's demise was MG's - not the coaches.

Captain Clutch "exposing them for what they are" resonates all too well now with the realignment.

He was and is still right, except that the Canucks are now without Luongo.

A rather high mountain to climb.

By your logic, I guess that means Kesler, Sedins, and Burrows are all pass their prime as well....cause the Sedins are going to be older than Forsberg same with Burrows and Kesler is just a tad uyounger than Kariya as well as Arnott guess we're fracked.

Dude, what are you talking about? Forsberg always had the foot issues, Kariya was not in his goal scoring prime and Arnott was never really an elite player. The Sedins have won Art Ross and were consistent goal scorers before Torts arrived. Kesler is a Selke winner and can still contribute, he had 25 or so goals this year. Burrows has had an unfortunate year with all the injuries. Trotz has made the playoffs multiple times with a team that has half the Canucks budget. I believe that he can make something happen if he is given a decent roster unlike Tortorella.

76 Points in 82 GP and 15 Pts in 17GP?

Yep you're bang on again......anything else oh wise one or did you realize how dumb you sound?

Trotz has been coaching Nashville for a long time and there is a reason for it. He is a pretty damn good coach, otherwise he would've been fired as quickly as Torts. I also remember CDC talking about how Trotz was one of the best coaches in the NHL alongside Babcock. You seem to be the only one here who thinks Trotz is a bad coach. I really hope we do hire Trotz, since he just seems to get the most out of his players.

You also have to remember that Nashville had that one year where they got Forsberg at trade deadline while Arnott and Kariya played there for a really short time. It isn't like all of them played for many seasons there. You seem to forget that we also had Sundin, Demitra, Kesler, Sedins, Burrows, Samuelson etc. that one year where we got eliminated in the 2nd round. Just because Nashville had a limp footed forsberg for less than half a season, it doesn't mean that they suddenly are guaranteed to win the cup or Trotz is the bad coach because of the lack of chemistry.

Archived