The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

I've already gone through the 5 stages of grief.

denial

anger

depression

acceptance

excitement (for next year)

So now is all a WIN / WIN situation.

I would like to watch my team win the last couple of games I will get to watch until October. Get anything I can.

On the other hand if they lose, we get a higher pick.

winning-base.png

This. Every single word of it rings true for me.

Games that could have an impact on where the Canucks finish:

Friday
Winnipeg at Calgary
Carolina at Detroit
Saturday
Toronto at Ottawa
Columbus at Florida
Chicago at Nashville
Vancouver at Edmonton
Sunday
Carolina at Philadelphia
Ottawa at Pittsburgh
Nashville at Minnesota
Calgary at Vancouver

Crap, I was getting excited looking at the overall standings, thinking that we could get passed by Calgary if we lost both and they won both. But we win the tie-breaker, so no dice. Cards fall right, we can get 6th, I think.

I agree, WIN/WIN. It's been like that lately... I want to see them play well and I cheer when they score, but if they lose, I remember that it helps the draft.

OP, I thought during the Avs game they were talking about sitting different vet D's. Are you sure Garrison isn't playing tonight?

Edit: not sure what the problem was, as there were paragraphs originally. Hope there are some after the edit.

Crap, I was getting excited looking at the overall standings, thinking that we could get passed by Calgary if we lost both and they won both. But we win the tie-breaker, so no dice. Cards fall right, we can get 6th, I think.I agree, WIN/WIN. It's been like that lately... I want to see them play well and I cheer when they score, but if they lose, I remember that it helps the draft.OP, I thought during the Avs game they were talking about sitting different vet D's. Are you sure Garrison isn't playing tonight?

And then there's still the lottery where we could move up to 5th or even higher :)

I want to lose (hurts to say this) but I just don't want to get embarrased by Edmonton. I'll take a 3-2 loss.

Games that could have an impact on where the Canucks finish:

Friday

Winnipeg at Calgary

Carolina at Detroit

Saturday

Toronto at Ottawa

Columbus at Florida

Chicago at Nashville

Vancouver at Edmonton

Sunday

Carolina at Philadelphia

Ottawa at Pittsburgh

Nashville at Minnesota

Calgary at Vancouver

Just cheering for those clubs to win now I guess :)

Crap, I was getting excited looking at the overall standings, thinking that we could get passed by Calgary if we lost both and they won both. But we win the tie-breaker, so no dice. Cards fall right, we can get 6th, I think.

I agree, WIN/WIN. It's been like that lately... I want to see them play well and I cheer when they score, but if they lose, I remember that it helps the draft.

OP, I thought during the Avs game they were talking about sitting different vet D's. Are you sure Garrison isn't playing tonight?

Edit: not sure what the problem was, as there were paragraphs originally. Hope there are some after the edit.

If we get 6th overall we should pounce on Nylander when available. Sedins and him might be an all star line combo.

They can still win the lottery and move down cant they so i hope we pound these next 2 teams bad i cant stand a lot of their fan base those classless haters are on all our game threads and youtube videos trashing us and our favorite team they make stuff up its really disgusting how classless these clowns are.

And then there's still the lottery where we could move up to 5th or even higher :)

I want to lose (hurts to say this) but I just don't want to get embarrased by Edmonton. I'll take a 3-2 loss.

I didn't think that was possible... thought we had to get in the top 5 for the lottery. Did some digging now and saw that the rules changed. For some reason, I thought that change wasn't coming until next year. Yay!

Did some more digging, and saw that all the spots are up for grabs. I like it... really messes with tanking.

I agree about the quality of the loss. Still want to see a good game, with some nice goals by our guys. Just one goal short!

And, if they win, that's ok too. With the way the lottery goes, it's not that big a difference. Of course, it would suck to drop too far down. No love for the Oilers here!

Edit: changed browsers... much better! Edit again: Self "duh". Can only drop one place.

Archived