The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]-Edmonton-04/12/14

The Stork

They can still win the lottery and move down cant they so i hope we pound these next 2 teams bad i cant stand a lot of their fan base those classless haters are on all our game threads and youtube videos trashing us and our favorite team they make stuff up its really disgusting how classless these clowns are.

I live in Edmonton now and have lived in Calgary before. Oilers fans aren't too bad, they just don't have a lot of sympathy for our struggles this year after what they have had to suffer through. Every time I go cheer the Canucks on at Rexall (going tonight again) they are pretty good natured about having some banter. Calgary fans on the other hand, are absolutely poisonous when it comes to anything Vancouver, not just about the Canucks. I wouldn't cross the road to pee on a flames fan if they were on fire.

I live in Edmonton now and have lived in Calgary before. Oilers fans aren't too bad, they just don't have a lot of sympathy for our struggles this year after what they have had to suffer through. Every time I go cheer the Canucks on at Rexall (going tonight again) they are pretty good natured about having some banter. Calgary fans on the other hand, are absolutely poisonous when it comes to anything Vancouver, not just about the Canucks. I wouldn't cross the road to pee on a flames fan if they were on fire.

I would .. I urinate LNG ..

if van plays torts system they should have no problem losing this one as well.

funny how easily everyone forgets how well we wee doing before injuries. check December...

I do remember how well the team was doing till the end of December. But I also don't think it's a coincidence that bodies started dropping like crazy after that ... including ironman Henrik... and multiple players were having their worst ever productive seasons. It has to be the system, which includes overplaying the core players. While Henrik wasn't injured by blocking a shot, he was fatigued and that made him vulnerable to taking hits to the body.... something he was good at evading for years before.

Hey I'm going to what section? I'm in 112!

I do remember how well the team was doing till the end of December. But I also don't think it's a coincidence that bodies started dropping like crazy after that ... including ironman Henrik... and multiple players were having their worst ever productive seasons. It has to be the system, which includes overplaying the core players. While Henrik wasn't injured by blocking a shot, he was fatigued and that made him vulnerable to taking hits to the body.... something he was good at evading for years before.

I guess that makes sense. torts system causing injuries and fatigue causing us to lose. but I don't think most people bashing torts are thinking at that level. from an X+O's standpoint I perfer torts system over AV. remember how much we scored at the end of his time in van? not alot. people seem to forget that we've been on this downward spiral since game 7 2011. this isnt news people.

I beg to differ my friend. I live in EDM.

I was in EDM bars both times we were eliminated from the playoffs and the whole place erupted in cheers. Edmonton fans are the scum of the earth.

Then they give the usual excuse "oh there is more Canadian players on the Kings or Boston blah blah " Van fans got behind the Canadian teams all through the last decade. The Alberta teams did not. They did the opposite.

Shame on you Alberta hockey fans.

I would go far as to say that you would see snide jokes online if Rogers arena went under water from a flood like the Saddle dome did.

Like I said, scum of the earth.

I guess that makes sense. torts system causing injuries and fatigue causing us to lose. but I don't think most people bashing torts are thinking at that level. from an X+O's standpoint I perfer torts system over AV. remember how much we scored at the end of his time in van? not alot. people seem to forget that we've been on this downward spiral since game 7 2011. this isnt news people.

We seen things happening that we never seen in a long time under Torts.

A chronic inability to sustain a lead.

Teams scoring on us when their goalie was pulled.

The last time I remember us being scored on with their goalie pulled, Alex Auld was in net.

I beg to differ my friend. I live in EDM.

I was in EDM bars both times we were eliminated from the playoffs and the whole place erupted in cheers. Edmonton fans are the scum of the earth.

Then they give the usual excuse "oh there is more Canadian players on the Kings or Boston blah blah " Van fans got behind the Canadian teams all through the last decade. The Alberta teams did not. They did the opposite.

Shame on you Alberta hockey fans.

I would go far as to say that you would see snide jokes online if Rogers arena went under water from a flood like the Saddle dome did.

Like I said, scum of the earth.

Different experiences I guess. I've been in Edmonton 7 years now, played on numerous hockey teams almost exclusively made up of oilers fans (as one could guess) and generally find people in the Chuck to be pretty jovial and up for good natured banter at the games and elsewhere. In a bar I wouldn't expect anything different, same crap goes on in Vancouver when another Canadian team loses as well, there's always going to be yahoos in the bars. We just don't have the playoff history with the oil that we do with the lames so I don't see the hatred as much. One could also say we haven't been the most "loved" team in any out of town market for a number of years (judging by the amount of most hated team / fans articles I see every year), a crying shame really, I don't get how anyone could dislike the Sedins (other than our own fans after they signed their recent "thank's for the memories" deals.

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The worst Canuck season in recent memory.....out of the playoffs with over a week left and people are still scoreboard watching.....for all the wrong reasons.

To quote Herman Edwards: "Hello! You play the game to win!"

Play the game and whatever happens, happens....

Archived