The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft #6

Royals123423

What? No way...I feel that Draistal or Dal Colle have the size and skill linden is looking for. Ritchie or Virtanen are not 6'5 guys, they are more like 6'1 which is about the same height or a bit shorter than Dal Colle.

of course Draisital or Dal Colle are better options but they are part of the consensus top 5. you cant assume that they will fall to us although CDC is acting like its just about a sure thing. (note: i dont want perlini either but something in my gut tells me its gonna be him)

Only way we take Ehlers is if he ends up being the Memorial Cup MVP. Im guessing Linden is licking his chops at the chance to make the number 6 pick. Ritchie, Virtanen, Nylander. Dal Colle could slip or LD, but I dont see it happening. Lots of potential top end players, after some top line development and seasoning we could have a gem. This draft is not as strong as last year but the top 10 is still solid.

What? No way...I feel that Draistal or Dal Colle have the size and skill linden is looking for. Ritchie or Virtanen are not 6'5 guys, they are more like 6'1 which is about the same height or a bit shorter than Dal Colle.

Ritchie is 6'3 235... Which is a lot bigger than Dal Colle 6'2 185, which is like Sedin size.

Is there a case for Nick Ritchie?? Another big body at six foot three two hundred and thirty pounds, looks like a good finisher as well, would be good at either centre or wing and looks like he can fight too.

Having the 6th pick overall, jeez, we have not been in this position for a long time and there are quite a few good players on the board.

Why all the negative press about Perlini?? Just wondering, watched some of his highlights he looks like a pretty good finisher, he has a big frame and looks like he goes to the greasy spots too to score goals, what gives????

From what I've read.

- He's inconsistent and is very streaky. Although I don't see this as a problem, because he plays on a very weak Niagara team.

- He doesn't use his big body as often.

- Viewed as a perimeter player. Not really a concern, he's a big guy, and could be taught later on to use his body to better his game.

He has all the tools to become a 30-40 goals scorer in league.

I haven't seen him play, but man Dal Colle seems to have a lot going for him.

He has good size.

He's young, he'll turn 18 just before the draft.

Put up impressive point totals in both the regular season and the playoffs this season.

I could see Islanders being pretty high on him though.

From what I've read.

- He's inconsistent and is very streaky. Although I don't see this as a problem, because he plays on a very weak Niagara team.

- He doesn't use his big body as often.

- Viewed as a perimeter player. Not really a concern, he's a big guy, and could be taught later on to use his body to better his game.

He has all the tools to become a 30-40 goals scorer in league.

Reminds me of Linden for some reason. He seems like a good kid.

No question Fabbri is small (last chart I read had him 5'10.25" and 171 lbs) but he's also very strong on his skates and his compete level is off the charts.

He also owns a skillset that's nearly as good as the Nylander/Ehlers type of guys and his skating is considered elite among this draft class.

58 GP, 45 G, 42 A, 87 PTS, 55 PIM, +45 (Playoffs: 6 GP, 5 G, 4 A, 9 PTS, 2 PIM, +4)

Another 2" height and 20 lbs and Fabbri would be a consensus top-10 pick this year.

But he's also growing and will likely be 5'11" by the start of next season. His low centre of gravity body type is one that allows the addition of mass without messing up his balance and mobility.

My belief is that he might end-up adding enough height and weight that he won't even be considered "small" when he's fully developed. I'm thinking he becomes a Jeff Skinner type.

Ideally, he could get to around 5'11" (maybe even 6'0") and 190-195lbs when he's in his early 20s.

I've posted video and scouting reports in the prospects board draft thread but here's a decent summary from Elite Prospects:

The only thing I'd add to that report is that Fabbri is one of the most aggressive and effective forecheckers in the OHL (#mrforecheck). Just is case Torts gets another year. ;)

I admittedly haven't read up or watched that much of the players in the later parts of the round and beyond, but happened to see a bit on him from earlier in the year where he was 5'10", 166. It reminded me a lot of Schroeder, and we know heights and weights aren't always accurate (either old info and undersized, or overstated for smaller players) but it could depend our who we aim for with the first pick.

And I'm trying to follow just the other thread rather than have such a disjointed discussion across two on the same topic, but this one hasn't died down as I thought it might.

:ph34r:

Linden was on global bc last night to talk about the draft. Seemed to be interested in a defenseman more, but realized only ekblad is worthy of being picked number 6. Then he went on to talk about forwards mentioning that there's a lot of size available. Seems to suggest we're drafting Ritchie

Kesler, and our 6th to Buffalo for their 2nd overall and Tyler Ennis

Edler and Cassels and our 2 nd rounder to FLA for the top pick

Then we pick Reinhart and Ekblad.

We should contend within 3 years with a lineup like this.

Shink Horvat Reinhart

Daniel Hank Kassian

Burrows Mathias Higgins

______ _______ ______

Hamhuis Ekblad

Garrison Tanev

_______ Corrado

While we are at it, we will offer Raymond + Ballard and a third for Edmonton's third overall and we will have an unbeatable team

seriously bro, what are you smoking if you think Florida would take Edler and whatever you throw in for their first overall?

Linden was on global bc last night to talk about the draft. Seemed to be interested in a defenseman more, but realized only ekblad is worthy of being picked number 6. Then he went on to talk about forwards mentioning that there's a lot of size available. Seems to suggest we're drafting Ritchie

If that's what Linden said ,then it would be Ritchie...I guess Ritchie would be like a Dustin Penner type player,with all the inconsistencies that big players bring with them..In a few years,he could be 250lbs...Probably a safer pick than Nylander (although Nylander is a projected 1C who is the most skilled in the draft)..who is a bit more boom or bust.

of course Draisital or Dal Colle are better options but they are part of the consensus top 5. you cant assume that they will fall to us although CDC is acting like its just about a sure thing. (note: i dont want perlini either but something in my gut tells me its gonna be him)

Its not a sure thing but there is a high chance of it happening. We are #6 so it would take only one team to pick a player outside of that consensus top 5. We really don't know what the top 5 teams in the draft are thinking since their draft order can sometimes be really different than the draft order central scouting or other experts have in mind.

Just hoping its Draistal or Dal Colle instead of Ritichie. They all have the size to be an impact player though, so we can't really pinpoint if its Ritchie, Virtanen, Tuch etc.

I haven't seen him play, but man Dal Colle seems to have a lot going for him.

He has good size.

He's young, he'll turn 18 just before the draft.

Put up impressive point totals in both the regular season and the playoffs this season.

I could see Islanders being pretty high on him though.

Love Dal Colle. He is exactly the forward the Canucks need to get. I really see him becoming a star in the NHL and if we get him, he might actually make the roster next season.

Ritchie, Perlini, and Virtanen are all great players, but I'd much rather see this team draft a centre (Draisaitl) than another winger. We already have a young power forward that has yet to play with much consistent power or forward.

Archived