The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2nd rounder 36th overall

Bobby_Lu1ngo

Everyone seems so focused on trying to land another top ten pick in the draft but I think that's pretty unreasonable unless Anaheim gives up the Ottawa pick in a Kesler trade. I'm wondering what it would take to snag a high second? Could a team like Florida looking for vets be open to trading the 32nd pick?

I could see that pick landing us sanheim before the oilers draft in the second.

My thoughts exactly would love to see us get some late 1st or early seconds, we probably have a surplus of good third and fourth liners maybe we can spin some of these for some picks.

I see a lot of posts say Booth should be bought out, I personally can't see why, worst outcome we utilise him on second or third line for last year of contract ( he wasn't the worst option last year when healthy, even if he is a "weird dude" ) or we offload him for a pick.......any pick, you have to get some return for him.

Been reading up more on the trio of NTDP defenders, Glover, Dougherty, and Collins. Seems Glover and dougherty are more talented at this time, but stalling in their development. Could just be the long season of intense play but Collins is the guy that apparently is continuously improving. Big, raw guy could be a good pickup in the 3rd.

Would be fine with Sanheim at 36 as he's skyrocketing with his play, or picking up a skilled winger like Milano if available

Well, considering we will most likely be picking a forward at #6 (or wherever we end up in the first round depending on trades), I say pick the best defenceman with our 2nd round pick (need to stock up on D). I like the suggestion of Jack Glover as well as Alexis Vanier, Alex Peters, or Jack Dougherty.

How do people feel about Anton Karlsson? Seems like his stock has dropped and there could be a good chance to get him at 36th.

I like him or lemieux who has also dropped, sanhiem would be ok too

How do people feel about Anton Karlsson? Seems like his stock has dropped and there could be a good chance to get him at 36th.

Some guys have been dropping due to a rise of other players (Pollock, Sanheim). I wouldn't mind picking up Karlsson if he is avaliable.

I wonder who's going to take a risk on Warren Foegele, lit up high school and a very interesting player.

I could see Anton Karlsson going in the third after his no show at the u18 tourny.

Was hoping for more from Pollock as well. Just hoping for a faller in a skill package or D, Lemieux would be a solid add.

Foegele would be an interesting pick if he's available in the third.

I'm hoping Josh Hoshang will fall to this pick. That guy has Matt Duchene skill set without the heart and effort though.

With Benning as the GM, Ho-Sang won't even be on Vancouver's draft list.

Super talented, but there's a bit of a Robbie Schremp vibe to him. That kid has bust written all over him.

I dont know if I would take Aaron Irving at 36 overall, but if he was avaliable in the third round I'd take a chance on him

While his skills don't necessarily jump out on the ice, Irving does a lot of the little things correctly that make him an effective defenseman. He plays with a bit of an edge, protects his goaltender and can make crisp outlet passes.

Would be a safe and solid defensive defencemen.

I could see Anton Karlsson going in the third after his no show at the u18 tourny.

Was hoping for more from Pollock as well. Just hoping for a faller in a skill package or D, Lemieux would be a solid add.

Foegele would be an interesting pick if he's available in the third.

I'd be shocked if he gets to the third round. 6'2", 200lbs and won't be 18 until August.

With Benning as the GM, Ho-Sang won't even be on Vancouver's draft list.

Super talented, but there's a bit of a Robbie Schremp vibe to him. That kid has bust written all over him.

How can you be so sure though? Boston drafted Khoklachev at #40 and they are actually very similar players, except HoSang is perhaps even more skilled.

Koko probably isn't the best or most shining example of success, but it does show that Boston (perhaps Benning) doesn't shy away from these kind of players.

How can you be so sure though? Boston drafted Khoklachev at #40 and they are actually very similar players, except HoSang is perhaps even more skilled.

Koko probably isn't the best or most shining example of success, but it does show that Boston (perhaps Benning) doesn't shy away from these kind of players.

I'm not sure their attitudes are the same.

And Rumours out of Boston that Benning might want to acquire him as he was one of his projects

Archived