The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Detroit loss increase a Kesler to DET trade possibility?

19naslund19

Edler is better than a lot of CDC folks think. Torts did fail him, as did MG for not bringing in a PMD. If the Canucks could somehow get a guy like Niskanen, Edler would improve his game mightily. Otherwise, it will be a long wait for Subban to make the team.

I agree. Edler is a good D, just not fitting here because of our personnel. We have a lot of those kind of holes here

Look....Trevore even said on Bill Good that if Torts doesnt realize he was wrong and admit he was wrong and change his style and utilize players the right way.....he is gone.

Using sedins to block shots and kill penalties and other players the wrong way is like using an axe to cut your law or a lawn mower to cut your tree

Detroit isn't a good trading partner as they are in too similar a situation. They are trying to get younger, so they won't be trading any of their decent prospects/rookies. Kesler isn't going to make them a contender, so I think they continue to develop their youth. They have the cap space to bring in 1 or 2 UFAs if needed.

Bingo!! Although it still puzzles me as to why they went out and signed Weiss for what they did. Buyout?

Wings have alot of push coming from Grand Rapids. Ferraro, Sheehey, Nyquist, Tatar, etc...

Safe to assume they simply toe the company line as far as forwards go

Thats not to say they still like to add Edler to their blue line corps

Edler-Kronvall could be a decent pairing

Doubt it. They shouldn't have even made the playoffs, but they did because of their own player development system. They'll stay the course. As we should, hopefully with a decent player we pick at 6th here, and not some long, long, long term undersized project or some slow dude.

Look....Trevore even said on Bill Good that if Torts doesnt realize he was wrong and admit he was wrong and change his style and utilize players the right way.....he is gone.

Using sedins to block shots and kill penalties and other players the wrong way is like using an axe to cut your law or a lawn mower to cut your tree

How many shots did they block this year anyway?

They are looking to get more draft picks, not trade away theirs.

I mean, I know we're not talking about getting picks back for Kesler, but we would need to get at least 2+ picks, an NHLer, and a prospect back for Ryan Kesler. A Two-Way player of his calibre?

Detroit can't offer us that.

Know who can?

P H I L A D E L P H I A. and if we hire Ron Brawn Hextall, his ties there would be great, as he knows the system well there, and he could easily get a deal done for Kesler -> Philly.

along with everyone else.....

No. Bieksa was our second worst +/- at -8 which isn't even bad since the Canucks had a terrible season.

Edler was -39. It blows my mind how that's even possible but the guy is the reason why our defence sucked so bad this year.

How is it that Edler was as good as he was with Sweden, but so bad on the Canucks?

Is it the coaching? Both Tortorella and Vigneault couldn't get through to him.

Is it the lack of a proper partner that plays to his strengths? There would have to be a trade of another defenseman to get Edler his proper RH partner. Garrison buyout?

Hamhuis has chemistry with Tanev, as does Bieksa with Stanton. Edler and Garrison are the odd men out. Edler has a more accurate shot and plays with far more physicality.

If Edler refuses to waive, this off season should concentrate on getting him a proper partner. If he still sucks next season, then all avenues have truly been exhausted.

That's how I feel about him. He's a good player but he's not a leader. The canucks just sucked this year and with that Edler's game dropped big time.

I look at bouwmeester showed good promise early on but completely crapped the bed going to Calgary. Then he goes to St Louis plays with peitrangelo and forms the best d pairing in the league.

I think if we don't trade him we better try and find him a dream partner on the right. Your not going to get a peitrangelo but at least try and find someone that caters to his strengths. If they don't they are completely wasting his talents.

Detroit isn't a good trading partner as they are in too similar a situation. They are trying to get younger, so they won't be trading any of their decent prospects/rookies. Kesler isn't going to make them a contender, so I think they continue to develop their youth. They have the cap space to bring in 1 or 2 UFAs if needed.

This...Detroit isn't a SC contender..They are in a rebuilding phase like the Canucks,so why overpay for Kesler ?(Canucks would demand high end picks and prospects)..Like the Canucks,the Red Wings were besieged by injuries to their veterans this season...but managed to string along a positive season ..mainly due to a superior coaching staff...

No. Bieksa was our second worst +/- at -8 which isn't even bad since the Canucks had a terrible season.

Edler was -39. It blows my mind how that's even possible but the guy is the reason why our defence sucked so bad this year.

Our defense and goaltending wasn't our problem this year. Our forwards are to blame

Detroit needs defense! Linden should talk sense into Edler and send him to Detroit for some younger talent, I doubt Detroit would do it but nyquist would be sweet here!

Edler would fit into detroit's defensive model way better then ours!

Detroit could use that type of player to add some grit in the East. They have some young talent that has been discussed here many times.

Curious if CDC thinks such a dominant win by the Bruins would light the fire for a potential trade with the Nucks?

Kesler would go to DET I am sure.

I do not think the Wings think the way you do, they well wait for this core to be removed here then pick and choose a package of players for picks and a young player from their farm team.

Bidding wars are avoided as they like being in a position of strength rather than having they're trading partner dictate the terms.

It is why they do so well, in terms of asset management.

Archived