The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

Not even cloae to pyatt and bernier is an insult.

Bernier the gentle giant would t hit a fly. Ritchies main down aide is too many penalities

You dont know this. You cant use subjective rationale to project onto a junior player.

He could turn out as good as Lucic or as bad as Kyle Beach. Stick to the stats instead of using spin to put distance between your guy and the busts .

Look I don't care about this stupid post you made. Bottom line is that you are comparing a young under after junior to 3 NHL stars. Not buying it.

hey genius, he was comparing numbers. If you bothered reading the previous posts, it's been made clear that Ritchie, Getzlaf, Lucic and Nash all play different styles. Nobody is comparing RItchie to any of those guys

hey genius, he was comparing numbers. If you bothered reading the previous posts, it's been made clear that Ritchie, Getzlaf, Lucic and Nash all play different styles. Nobody is comparing RItchie to any of those guys

Calm down for Christs sakes. The OP did exactly that. He put up the totals and compared them directly to Ritchie. He doesnt need you to fight his battles for him.

I couldnt figure out who was the fastest in the NHL right now. Raymond ? Martin St Louis?

Do you want me to go back and change my post to smooth over your feelings?

I believe they were discussing the fact that playing at 230 is possible. Jagr was an example of someone who can skate at 230+ pounds. And then for whatever reason decided to compare the speed of a 170lbs kid to a 230+ lbs power forward. Umm what?

Calm down for Christs sakes. The OP did exactly that. He put up the totals and compared them directly to Ritchie. He doesnt need you to fight his battles for him.

Again, he was comparing numbers. He gave a full analysis of Ritchie but not once did he say "he shoots like ___" or "he skates like___". This isn't a battle, nobody is winning. We're all offering different opinions on a message board. Btw, weren't you fighting Snyper's "battle" for about 50 pages?

Booth and Hansen are more 4th liners.

3rd line next year. Horvat/Richardson-Horvat/Richardson-Kassian.

I don't want Ritchie. To me he seems like that of which we already have, which is Kassian.

Ready to have defense by committee and a bunch of same caliber 3rd liners but when a potential 1st line power forward comes around, you want only one?

I differ from such an opinion. Can't have enough power forwards.

Ready to have defense by committee and a bunch of same caliber 3rd liners but when a 1st line power forward, you want only one?

I differ from such an opinion. Can't have enough power forwards.

Would rather go after a different type of player than one of which we already have with this high of a pick.

There's nothing wrong with that considering there is no clear BPA after the top 5.

Also you don't know if Ritchie is going to be a 1st liner so don't say that he will be because you don't know what you are talking about.

Chris Stewart is over 230, Joel Ward is just under and of course Milan Lucic is over 230 as well.

In Ritchie's case he needs to drop some fat, but by some accounts he still has room to add to his frame. He probably ends up at 225lb as he's pretty tall, 6'3.

Absent Canuck lost a lot of credibility when he said no player can play at the nhl level at 230 lbs. my response caught him by surprise. I know it did. Didn't even get a response from him. Going to add a few more names.

Shea weber 6'4 233

Dustin byfuglien 6'5 267

Zdeno chara 6'9 260

Tom sestito 6'5 228

Ryan clowe 6'3 225

We need to stop drafting size and start drafting skill again. Jensen, Kassian and Horvat may all be big bodies and have a little bit of offensive upside, but I don't see them ever rivalling what the twins have done and being 80-100 point players in the NHL. 20-30 goal scorers, sure, but we will sorely miss a top-NHL talent that can score goals once the Sedins are done.

Right now the only purely offensive forward we have in our draft pool is Shinkaruk and maybe Fox.

A guy like Nylander, Dal Colle or even Ehlers would fit perfectly with our young core of powerforwards. Look at the teams still in the playoffs right now. Pittsburgh (Crosby/Malkin), Anaheim (Getzlaf/Perry), L.A (Kopitar/Gaborik), Chicago (Toews/Kane/Sharp) etc. all have top NHL talent. Sure, the majority of them are large and have big bodies, but their offensive talent is the reason they were drafted.

We need to draft based on offensive vision and pure talent, like shot, stick handling and playmaking ability and start looking away from size. Of course it would be nice if a guy with the aforementioned attributes was 6'3", but we shouldn't be drafting giant bodies and hoping that they develop talent because at the NHL level that seems to be what is dividing the 100 point players from the 80 point players from the 40 point players, which is what our team is full of at the moment.

Absent Canuck lost a lot of credibility when he said no player can play at the nhl level at 230 lbs. my response caught him by surprise. I know it did. Didn't even get a response from him. Going to add a few more names.

Shea weber 6'4 233

Dustin byfuglien 6'5 267

Zdeno chara 6'9 260

Tom sestito 6'5 228

Ryan clowe 6'3 225

The weight and size are one thing,but would you use your 6th overall pick for Byfuglien,Sestito or Clowe..?

The weight and size are one thing,but would you use your 6th overall pick for Byfuglien,Sestito or Clowe..?

If I knew one would be a 60 point top powerforward in the league in his prime (Clowe) or a key player(byfuglien) in a Stanley cup run then yeah.

We need to draft based on offensive vision and pure talent, like shot, stick handling and playmaking ability and start looking away from size. Of course it would be nice if a guy with the aforementioned attributes was 6'3", but we shouldn't be drafting giant bodies and hoping that they develop talent because at the NHL level that seems to be what is dividing the 100 point players from the 80 point players from the 40 point players, which is what our team is full of at the moment.

That's why Ritchie is a great fit for us , he has vision, playmaking ability and a great shot probably the best in the draft. It also doesn't hurt he is big, I would sooner have a big guy with those talents as a small guy with them.

We need to stop drafting size and start drafting skill again. Jensen, Kassian and Horvat may all be big bodies and have a little bit of offensive upside, but I don't see them ever rivalling what the twins have done and being 80-100 point players in the NHL. 20-30 goal scorers, sure, but we will sorely miss a top-NHL talent that can score goals once the Sedins are done.

Right now the only purely offensive forward we have in our draft pool is Shinkaruk and maybe Fox.

A guy like Nylander, Dal Colle or even Ehlers would fit perfectly with our young core of powerforwards. Look at the teams still in the playoffs right now. Pittsburgh (Crosby/Malkin), Anaheim (Getzlaf/Perry), L.A (Kopitar/Gaborik), Chicago (Toews/Kane/Sharp) etc. all have top NHL talent. Sure, the majority of them are large and have big bodies, but their offensive talent is the reason they were drafted.

Nylander and Ehlers aren't even comparable to Crosby or Kane. If we want pure talent we need a really deep draft or a top 3 pick.

Also, look at Boston. None of their players got more than 70 points this season. Even Chicago, Sharp was the only player with above 70 points (though Kane had 69 points in 69 games). LA one 70 point guy, Kopitar. Colorado one 70 point player, Duchene (though in 71 games). St. Louis no 70 point guys. Montreal no 70 point guys. NY Rangers no 70 point guys.

It's all about depth, defense, and (mainly in the playoffs) size, with a few skilled offensive players.

Archived