The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?

jj99

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope. Pens fan at work asked if the Canucks could take him off their hands. Very angry fan base. I think he's overrated. The problem is his win/loss track record is very good. He's a solid coach that can't get it done in the playoffs.

Because the population has been brainwashed to want to suck for a rebuild. They don't want a coach who won a Cup. That would go against failure.

Pathetic fans really. Listen to the fans who want to win. They usually have better things to do than stay in a basement and write nonsense.

he won A cup, with the players hes been given he should have 4 in his tenure. torts won A cup once too, look how that turned out. bylsma has been given the best talent in the league, hasnt broken conference finals in 5 years, and was swept last year after shero went nuts and brought in some of the leagues biggest names.

sorry but with what he has been given in Pit over the years and how theyve performed theres no way in hell vancouver could do better under him. unless kassian gets an exorcism and suddenly becomes the second coming of crosby and booths bible thumping pays off and he becomes another malkin. then we can look forward to losing conference finals WOOHOO!.

imagine the pens without crosby and malkin, i dont see them makingthe playoffs under bylsma. vancouver has no crosby and malkin, i dont see us making the playoffs under bylsma.

We would be very lucky if Bylsma accepted. I would be suorised if he did after all the dysfunctional garbage in Vancouver. I suppose all the "no" votes come from the folks who couldn't get enough of Torts. That was a really good move. Crosby is a good player but not all he has been made out to be. Solid gifted etc. But he is no Mario. Besides that era will never be again. So don't blame Bylsma for Crosby's lack of performance. Bylsma is peferct fit for Vancouver. Next time he beats AV if he has the Canuck bench.

NO to Bylsma (and Shero).

I can't believe no one's mentioned the fact that since 2009, the Pens have been eliminated in the playoffs every year by a lower-seeded team.

When you're consistently a top team, odds are you're gonna get eliminated by a lower team, unless you make it to the finals.

Crosby hasn't been the same player since his concussion. Sure he gets the points, but the intensity just isn't there.

Malkin and Neal really didn't do a whole lot either.

Bylsma > any other available coach.

Shero > any other available gm.

Fact.

Shero likes to bring in high end, high $$$ talent to make himself look good. He straps himself with all those expensive guys and fails to create depth.

I don't think Bylsma got fired

When you're consistently a top team, odds are you're gonna get eliminated by a lower team, unless you make it to the finals.

Crosby hasn't been the same player since his concussion. Sure he gets the points, but the intensity just isn't there.

Malkin and Neal really didn't do a whole lot either.

But hasn't that been the knock on the Pens? That they were supposed to be genuine Cup contenders with the line-up they had? I'm not saying that even a team with both Crosby and Malkin were supposed to make it to the SCF every year—that's unrealistic, of course—but they didn't make it back at all and only made the ECF once. I don't think it's unfair to say they've performed far below expectations.

Shero likes to bring in high end, high $$$ talent to make himself look good. He straps himself with all those expensive guys and fails to create depth.

It's not like he had a choice but to sign Crosby and Malkin to big deals.

He struggles to provide depth for the team because he has 28 million tied up in 4 players. That makes things a little tricky.

I think Shero has done a great job of drafting great defenseman. In 5 years, Pittsburgh will have one of the best D-cores in the league thanks to Shero.

He's tremendously overrated IMO. His results with the team given to him are underwhleming to say the least. Also, taking into account the body language of the Pittsburg players late in the series, he doesn't seem like a great motivator.

Bylsma > any other available coach.

Shero > any other available gm.

Fact.

I believe Trotz is better than Bylsma when it comes to coaching. Bylsma is good but Trotz made the rag tag low budget Nashville team a playoff contender for many years.

He's tremendously overrated IMO. His results with the team given to him are underwhleming to say the least. Also, taking into account the body language of the Pittsburg players late in the series, he doesn't seem like a great motivator.

wasn't that similar to AV during his last years here? Even good coaches get tuned out after many years of coaching the same team. All coaches have a shelf life.

Can't blame Shero for not being able to create depth with no cap room. Malkin and Crosby being paid big bucks were the reason for the cap room being small. He still got lots of key players like Neal, Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter etc. He also drafts pretty good, getting Olli Maata, Pouliot, Dumoulin etc. I wouldn't mind either Shero or Bennings as the GM. I think Shero could perform some magic with the cap space the Canucks have available to them.

It's not like he had a choice but to sign Crosby and Malkin to big deals.

He struggles to provide depth for the team because he has 28 million tied up in 4 players. That makes things a little tricky.

I think Shero has done a great job of drafting great defenseman. In 5 years, Pittsburgh will have one of the best D-cores in the league thanks to Shero.

Yep, people still tend to forget that Shero has won a cup in 2009 with that same organization that fired him. His downfall is probably giving Marc Andre Fleury too many chances to be their starter. He should've traded him before the start of this year. I think a better defense and a much better goalie would've been the difference for Pittsburgh this year.

It's definitely bad news for the Canucks that Shero has been fired. Vancouver is a much nicer city than Pittsburgh but man, you have the choice between taking over the Canucks, or taking over Crosby, Malkin and the Pens? I take Pens.

Archived