The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?

jj99

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bylsma could not get it done with one of, if not the most high powered offense since the Oilers. Crosby Malkin, Neal, Letang, Kunitz, Iginla, Morrow, Jokkinen and more over the last 2 seasons and he got NOTHING done.

To me that is a red flag everywhere. He is an offensive minded coach that cannot generate offense when it is needed most. It also speaks volumes that he could not adapt his game to a more defensive style when it was needed.

He is a good coach, but he is not the coach to take us to the promised land. I just don't see it as the same issues he had/has in Pittsburgh are the exact same problems plaguing this team for the last 2 seasons.

For this reason, no. I just don't see him being the fit.

As for Trotz,

Honestly people. This is a guy who develops studs. Nothing but studs on the blue line. This is a guy who with NO budget and NO offensive talent being drafted or signed (seriously Erat...Legwand Fisher?) in his entire tenure in Nashville. Seriously, look at the teams he was given to work with and look what he accomplished.

Yet when he was given some mediocre and moderate offensive talent he ran with it and he had some solid years with the team because of it, but one or two mediocre scoring threats do not win a cup.

Trotz has proven he can develop talent, he turns coal into diamonds. He has also shown he can adapt his game and had his team had any manner of scoring talent in 2010/2011 the series in round 2 could have gone a lot differently.

Trotz has only salvaged decent to solid seasons with no budget, no talent and only managed to continue to develop solid youth into solid role playing players. He was never given offensive talent to work with, yet people are saying he is "not the guy" or he is "boring"

I say, really?

Find ANY other coach available that has been able to develop defensive talent the way Trotz has, find a coach who is available that can squeeze the solid offensive years that Trotz did in Nashville out of the plugs available.

And then, tell me how a team with the defensive issues we have and the prospects under development we have would NOT benefit from a guy like him? And then again tell me who is better that is available.

I agree there are other options. Even looking in to the WHL for new assistants. But to say Trotz wouldn't work is a shade short sighted and only displays how little people really know or knew about the Preds.

Remember, even with Rinne, Weber, Suter and Hamhuis....when Mike Fisher is your best scoring threat you're going freaking NOWHERE

The problem isn't goaltending. The problem is the worst forward corps in the history of the Canucks.

You're serious? Worst forward corps? How old are you again?

Obviously you missed seeing Garth Butcher peddle his way around the ice trying to set up players like Tallon, or gems like the teams we had in the early and mid 80's or the Messier years....

Read the history of the team and then come back with that absurd claim...

I really wish I could quit typing this but...

Trotz is no more a "defensive coach" than A.V. was before he coached his team to two Presidents Cups, a couple scoring titles and Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Not to sure what your trying to tell me, since your just basically repeating what I said lol. The only thing is this city doesn't need a defensive minded coach they need an offensive minded coach, we don't enjoy boring hockey we want excitement, hence why AV wasn't the right fit here and Trotz is definitely not the right fit here.

Not to sure what your trying to tell me, since your just basically repeating what I said lol. The only thing is this city doesn't need a defensive minded coach they need an offensive minded coach, we don't enjoy boring hockey we want excitement, hence why AV wasn't the right fit here and Trotz is definitely not the right fit here.

Nope. Re-read what I wrote.

Nope. Re-read what I wrote.

I know what your trying to say, but I will always defend the players more than him for what he was able to accomplish here. If it wasn't for Luongo in his first year here, AV would of never won the Jack Adams award, if he never realied so heavily on the Sedins he wouldn't of had as much success as he did.

I know what your trying to say, but I will always defend the players more than him for what he was able to accomplish here. If it wasn't for Luongo in his first year here, AV would of never won the Jack Adams award, if he never realied so heavily on the Sedins he wouldn't of had as much success as he did.

I think you're missing the point. A.V. was once labeled as a "defensive coach". He then went on to coach one of the leagues most potent offenses for a few years.

Good coaches coach to their players abilities. I have little doubt Tortz could do the same given appropriate personnel.

You're serious? Worst forward corps? How old are you again?

Obviously you missed seeing Garth Butcher peddle his way around the ice trying to set up players like Tallon, or gems like the teams we had in the early and mid 80's or the Messier years....

Read the history of the team and then come back with that absurd claim...

how old are YOU?

dale tallon had been gone for damn near 10 years before garth butcher made his debut.

I think Bylsma lost the room near the end, but has done overall good things there. I think given the selection of coaches available (which is very thin), he's the best choice.

No to Shero though. For the GM spot, I think Benning makes the most sense.

how old are YOU?

dale tallon had been gone for damn near 10 years before garth butcher made his debut.

It is a joke, indicative of the age or at least the length of someones interest in the team. I could have said Sedlbauer but that would have been even more obscure....

No way to Bylsma. Hire another coach whose won a Cup. Then what was the point of discarding Torts? Great logic according to 66 people who voted in favor of hiring him. Great logic CDC you win at life.

No way to Bylsma. Hire another coach whose won a Cup. Then what was the point of discarding Torts? Great logic according to 66 people who voted in favor of hiring him. Great logic CDC you win at life.

I'm confused by this. maybe your being sarcastic? how is hiring a coach whose won a cup a bad move?

I'm confused by this. maybe your being sarcastic? how is hiring a coach whose won a cup a bad move?

Hiring a coach whose won a cup isn't bad move. That's not what i'm saying.

It makes no sense to fire Torts and hire another coach who has won cup Bylsma. I don't see how he would be upgrade or any better as he lost the room in Pittsburgh and couldn't get the best out of the top two player's in the league and he wouldn't fare any better in Vancouver with stagnet core. If this were to happen they should have kept and given Torts another year with some actual depth.

I don't think it would be a terrible choice to hire Bylsma...Great coaches get fired all of the time...I like his calm demeanor and he advocates puck possession offensive hockey...Just like AV,the expiry date passes on a coach and it's time to move on...

Archived