The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?

jj99

Pittsburgh completes Collapse...if Bylsma is fired would you want him as our new coach?  

230 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Dasein

Bylsma is one of the most overrated coaches in the NHL.

Got lucky and won a cup with a team of superstars in his first year and downhill since.

There's been a lot of speculation that Bylsma lost both Sid and Geno because there wasn't enough "fun" around the team.

Apparently it was always long practices, meetings and more meetings and just a general lack of wanting to be around the rink as it was always a serious environment, so not sure I want him here for a rebuild.

This guy is a good coach, seeing him in the HBO special shows he is very tactical and on top of things.

I want an experienced coach who knows what it takes to win a Cup. He always seems in full control of himself, a characteristic unlike Torts.

Guest Dasein

Sounds more like Tortorella, minus the first year coach thing.

Winningest American coach.

Bylsma has a long way to go in comparison. Torts may be overrated too, but Byslma is even more so.

so many clueless people in regards to trotz. they just don't get it.

I like Barry Trotz and think he's an excellent coach...I guess the issue is ...Would the personnel we have,be a 'fit' with Trotz at the helm..?...I am not convinced.

My two cents; -I think Benning has or will be hired, and my guess is he will pick Trotz..I just think when you look back at Nashville you have to give Trotz a ton of credit. Plus I believe Trotz is adaptable to the team he has -I would totally be fine with trading Kesler for Sutter (plus a package of course). From what I have seen of Sutter in the playoffs I really liked, and I don't think Kesler is worth as much as Canucks fans think he might be -I agree that Pittsburgh was really built around two players, so in other words the Pen's GM has to go too. Trade Malkin for depth and youth, the Crosby and Malkin combo is not enough to win a cup

I like Barry Trotz and think he's an excellent coach...I guess the issue is ...Would the personnel we have,be a 'fit' with Trotz at the helm..?...I am not convinced.

That's what it's about.

Trotz is clearly a good coach and a well respected guy. But is he a fit in this market with the style of play the Canucks wanna play? He very well might be, but that's up to management to determine.

Everyone all jumped on board with Tortorella because they thought this team needed a kick in the butt, but clearly he wasn't the right fit.

The team needs a coach that understands this teams strengths and can coach to those strengths. Ironically that's a coach like Vigneault, who brings a calm approach and knows how to focus on systems and details. Trotz has that ability, but the only question is can he go from coaching a defense first system for 15 years, to a more exciting uptempo brand of hockey? AV was able to do it, but it's unknown whether Trotz can.

Oh, so has he coached any style other than Nashville's?

No, so it is uncertain. ;)

On the rare occasion Nashville actually had a few decent-middling forwards he coached an up tempo, more offense oriented game with a good amount of goal scoring.

He coaches his roster. And he does it well.

Maybe it's because our team can't score worth a damn that people here seem to think Kesler is an offensive dynamo.

The guy had ZERO assists the last 3 months of the season. Considering all his ice time that is really saying something.

He's great defensively but that was hardly the reason Pitts lost.

He could have freed up Crosby for a more offensive role... He could have also taken the tougher match ups... Simple hockey knowledge goes a long way.

No to Bylsma. He comes off as a pseudo-intellectual. I don't know how a coach can send the best player in the world (arguably) out and get his brains beat in every night. Grapes is right....Crosby needs a big dog on his line to keep the amount of abuse he takes to a minimum. Amazed how Byslma can't see that.

Archived