The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will Benning draft?

Tangerines

It's kind of funny how Benning himself was a 6th overall pick, and then 33 years later, his first draft choice as GM is in the same position.

cV4ALk5.png

...the circle of...life...

That's awesome. But Scar has too much fur, you can't see him sweating in buckets.

My guess is a big two way player or an elite playmarker. Hard to say which one because of the possibility of a Kesler trade, and also the possibility of acquiring 3 first round picks at the draft.

This is like saying "someone from Canada, or anywhere else."

I got my money on.....trading down. :0

I could definitely see Florida or Edmonton trading their picks in the 1st round. I think they are getting sick of high draft picks needing time to develop and are looking for young players in the NHL that can help them take the next step. Who we could trade is up for debate? Too many NTCs. And a lack of young NHL players on the Canucks... probably only Kassian with any value. This is of course if we are willing to rebuild.

Plot twist: Benning doesn't draft a hockey player but a crime fighting robot named Zorg. He prints out a picture of Daniel Sedins face and glues it on the front of the robot. Zorg gets too smart and out Sedins the Sedins. Universe can't handle that much Sedin. Professor Bryzgalov claims universe isn't humongous big enough for that much Sedin. A Dr. Seuss like loop of unlikely events takes place. Gingers take over the earth. Canucks win Stanley Cup. Benning known as best GM ever. In celebration Benning litters in Stanley park. Zorg throws Benning in gulag. Bad luck Benning meme's ensue. Kassian's still missing teeth.

Moral of the story... There are too many draft threads.

i almost crapped my pants..tfg...

One scenario I could see playing out would be us trading up to land Ekblad or Reinhart with our 6th + depth players for FLAs 1st and then us flipping Kesler to ANA for the 10th overall and us drafting either Virtanen or Perlini. (Virtanen just had shoulder surgery and will be out until mid Oct. So he probably wont attend the combine thus potentially dropping his drafting position.)

Just something I could see happening. I definitely think there is a log jam at our d as well and one of our veteran players will likely be moved. I could see Ekblad being our Chara. not as big but an impact franchise d man. The only thing I hope is we dont get rid of Shinkaruk. He is my fav player in our system and the only player I have been truly excited about in a long time.

Be nice to land Ekblad @ #1st and Virtanen @ #10th. :D

One can dream. Just a scenario I could see materializing.

I personally think Bennett will be good but not first line good. Prob a good 2nd line winger at best. Just my feel on it and Sam Reinhart I just really dont know. He could be good but its hard to say how good. Just a gut feeling. I could see Drasitil landing in Detroit or LA too through some trades.

If any one of the clear-cut Big 5 ("Aaron Ekblad", "Sam Reinhart", "Sam Bennett", "Michael Dal Colle", or "Leon Draisaitl") fall to us, they would be the best available player at 6.
Next best @6th Overall are: Nikolaj Ehlers
, Nick Ritchie, & William Nylander

These others are a few of the decent players that will be available at 6, but definitely wouldn't be BPA:
- Haydn Fleury :sick:

- Kevin Fiala <_<
- Jared McCann :ph34r:
-Brendan Perlini :excl:
- Kasperi Kapanen :emot-parrot:
- Robby Fabbri :rolleyes:
- Alex Tuch :wub:
- Sonny Milano :wacko:
- Jake Virtanen :picard:

One scenario I could see playing out would be us trading up to land Ekblad or Reinhart with our 6th + depth players for FLAs 1st and then us flipping Kesler to ANA for the 10th overall and us drafting either Virtanen or Perlini. (Virtanen just had shoulder surgery and will be out until mid Oct. So he probably wont attend the combine thus potentially dropping his drafting position.)

Just something I could see happening. I definitely think there is a log jam at our d as well and one of our veteran players will likely be moved. I could see Ekblad being our Chara. not as big but an impact franchise d man. The only thing I hope is we dont get rid of Shinkaruk. He is my fav player in our system and the only player I have been truly excited about in a long time.

Be nice to land Ekblad @ #1st and Virtanen @ #10th. :D

One can dream. Just a scenario I could see materializing.

It's going to take WAY more than our 1st and 'Depth Players' to land a 1st overall pick.

Try our 1st, Horvat and Tanev.

Wow wtih Virtanen injured it certainly changes the landscape a little.

Yeah apparently its a minor shoulder surgery though. His agent says many of his players in the past has had it. Its nothing really that important but I think he may drop a few positions. Which if we got ANAs 10th would be beneficial.

Archived