The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Holy over reaction to a speculative situation.

I put it out there for the purpose of discussion, as these are interesting factors to speculate on,

Kes trade thread = speculative Kes trade discussion.

Would be more interesting to hear what people have to say on these new variables, rather then my reaction to them.

See poster Castiel above for a good example of this.

ANH has begun the media posturing...

Saying they are interested in Spezza,

I know they would rather have Kes but they are clearly floating that out there to let Benning know they have other options.

Our leverage is slipping away by the day,

We have just lost leverage with CHI and ANH,

I think it's too late now.

They didn't strike while the iron was hot, they pulled an MG and waited for un-realistic deal to happen.

I expect to have an un-happy Kesler in training camp, and a Luongo 2.0 situation to drag on through out the season, before we finally either lose Kes to FA, or let him go for much less then what has been offered.

The market was re-hot for Kes and now it has cooled significantly.

I think Detroit is the most likely to make the trade, and that is based on nothin, other than I like that rumored offer.

ANH has begun the media posturing...

Saying they are interested in Spezza,

I know they would rather have Kes but they are clearly floating that out there to let Benning know they have other options.

Our leverage is slipping away by the day,

We have just lost leverage with CHI and ANH,

I think it's too late now.

They didn't strike while the iron was hot, they pulled an MG and waited for un-realistic deal to happen.

I expect to have an un-happy Kesler in training camp, and a Luongo 2.0 situation to drag on through out the season, before we finally either lose Kes to FA, or let him go for much less then what has been offered.

The market was re-hot for Kes and now it has cooled significantly.

Quick! We must sacrifice a chicken to get this back on track!

So, we now know that CHI offered Shaw and Terravainen,

Benning countered with Saad and Terravainen

CHI walked away from the deal.

I doubt they offered Shaw, if they did it should have been considered. Shaw and TT is not a bad offer. I'd probably be thumbs up.

So, we now know that CHI offered Shaw and Terravainen,

Benning countered with Saad and Terravainen

CHI walked away from the deal.

Terravainen is a top center prospect and Shaw is Marchand in the making, and a 20 goal scorer to boot.

Would FLA have taken Shaw and 6th for 1st overall?

Did we walk away from a great deal?

Could we have both Terravainen and Reinhart in our prospect pool, having made this deal? Add Horvat to the list and that is scary center ice depth.

(Also posted this in the other Kes thread, as I'm not sure where the majority of Kes talk is happening these days)

That's actually a pretty good starting point from Chicago. A lot better of a deal then gillis would have been offered. It's still early so I think letting chi sit on it for a bit is a good idea. JB is an expert he will get us fair value. I would take shaw and TT all day if another offer isn't better. I got a feeling there's going to be some serious offers over the next 48 hours. Excited to see what transpires. It's not about winning a trade but getting fair value. Unproven players have risk attached so I'm glad he's taking his time since TT isnt proven at the nhl lvl.

Just wanted to clarify I really am high on TT but we done know if he will reach his ceiling. Good prospect tho. Maybe chi can boost their offer with another promising prospect or a 2nd or 3 rd pick. If JB wants that. Love to have TT but let's let our man JB make the final decisions. Guys got talent.

Big factor being ignored or forgotten by many IMO. Competing against teams like ANA is a big reason VAN feels changes are needed....

Still, the return from ANA is one of the best available when trying to trade Kesler.

Arguably the best trade available in terms of preparing for the future.

Archived