The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

I dont know why many of you think Kesler isnt worth much. Hes going to get a good package back. He's still a beast, look how he played when on a good team with USA. Pouliot, Sutter and a 1st please. Then draft Nylander, him and Pouliot would look great together on the PP with Kass in a few years.

Miller's rights isn't worth much, would probably be a toss in in a Kes deal. If Blues want Kes, I think the starting price would have to be Jaden Schwartz.

Laughable. Imagine Kesler and Backes on the same team. Not gonna happen. St. Louis might just as well sprinkle anthrax powder all through their dressing room.

Your post is laughable. Kesler and Backes played together on USA.

A mic happened to pick up one of Kesler's chirps and the people on CDC hold on to it for years. Guys get chirped hundreds of times per season, Backes probably doesn't even remember it but CDC makes a big deal about it.

I dont know why many of you think Kesler isnt worth much. Hes going to get a good package back. He's still a beast, look how he played when on a good team with USA. Pouliot, Sutter and a 1st please. Then draft Nylander, him and Pouliot would look great together on the PP with Kass in a few years.

Not just his abilities but also his contract. Very easy CAP hit and two years left. I imagine that acquiring teams might want a contract extension as part of the trade, especially if Van is asking for a lot. Kesler might want to do that but also might want a UFA bidding war in 2 years.

I suspect that many fans have reduced expectations because of the Luongo contract. Not even closely comparable.

A mic happened to pick up one of Kesler's chirps and the people on CDC hold on to it for years. Guys get chirped hundreds of times per season, Backes probably doesn't even remember it but CDC makes a big deal about it.

It's funny how people see these sorts of things. Everyone seems to believe that once someone has said something about another player, it's going to lead to a life long grudge.

I won't type some of the things I've heard on the ice when I was in Junior, (the board censors would make it unintelligible anyways) but suffice to say, Kesler's comments are pretty common.

I have zero doubt that he and Backes could co-exist on the same team, as they did for team USA.

Laughable. Imagine Kesler and Backes on the same team. Not gonna happen. St. Louis might just as well sprinkle anthrax powder all through their dressing room.

Backes and Kes on the same team would make StL a very difficult team to play against.

StL has to do something to get them past those early rounds. They need to take the next step.

Other than a very expensive Stastny, Kes is the best C available right now. There are no UFA options.

It's funny how people see these sorts of things. Everyone seems to believe that once someone has said something about another player, it's going to lead to a life long grudge.

I won't type some of the things I've heard on the ice when I was in Junior, (the board censors would make it unintelligible anyways) but suffice to say, Kesler's comments are pretty common.

I have zero doubt that he and Backes could co-exist on the same team, as they did for team USA.

If folks have any doubt about Kesler co-existing with anyone, he wouldn't be moved to any team in the league.

We're the only fans in the NHL that devalue our assets to the point where "we don't really care what you get for him, just get rid of him"... the trash and outright lies in this thread is shamefully pathetic.

As I said... part of the problem.

Is it a lie that the players voted to get his A off his jersey?

ANA gives us a better trade for the future than STL.

10th, 24th, Etem/Theodore would help us tremendously in the future.

I don't see STL being the greatest of partners unless they can give us one of their young guns(Tarasenko, Shattenkirk, Schwartz, etc).

ANA gives us a better trade for the future than STL.

10th, 24th, Etem/Theodore would help us tremendously in the future.

I don't see STL being the greatest of partners unless they can give us one of their young guns(Tarasenko, Shattenkirk, Schwartz, etc).

These ideas are such incredible overpayment it is a total joke. The 24th might be what they get. The 10th is a possibility. Hoping for more than that is in Gillis-lunacy type of insanity.

These ideas are such incredible overpayment it is a total joke. The 24th might be what they get. The 10th is a possibility. Hoping for more than that is in Gillis-lunacy type of insanity.

The rumored offer was Kesler and 36th for 10th 24th and Etem.

It would have to be Etem, 10th and Theodore for Kesler, 6th and Tanev.

Two unproven prospects and 10th overall for a 2nd line C, 6th overall and a young top 4 shutdown D.

And you call my proposal an over-payment?

It would have to be Etem, 10th and Theodore for Kesler, 6th and Tanev.

Etem straight up for Kesler

Theodore straight up for Tanev

10th straight up for 6th

Amazing value!

Aren't you the guy who was complaining about Bennings performance to after a week on the job! Then you come up with this gem!

Archived