The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (5) New York Rangers vs (6) Los Angeles Kings

Who will win the series?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not even slightly bitter honestly. I'm happy for them. The emotion gives me chills. But it's nothing compared to how friggin amazing it would be if it was the Canucks standing there hoisting the cup. I have some envy, for sure. But I'm not bitter, they deserve it and right now, we dont.

It's not about being bitter towards them. It's about being bitter about the Canucks squandering opportunities to win the cup over the years and wondering what if.

But I guess the dream continues.

The KIngs core is getting old and stale.

Kopitar - one goal in 18 games.

Richards - relegated to the fourth line.

Willie - can't have that many more miles in that punished body of his.

Doughty - is an annoying whiner.

Why wait? Start the rebuild now.

Adding to your list...

Quick - a bitch pretending to be a tough guy

Brown - king rat of rats; brad marchand 2.0

Nolan, King, Clifford - freakin' freaks

Garborik - think he drank from the fountain of youth? Watch him signing a new fat contract with a lesser team in the off season and then fizzling into retirement

People just find any reason they can to be bitter, hateful and jealous instead of just appreciating the emotion and passion of the moment and the quality hockey LA plays.

So basically you are saying 'haters gonna hate'

I think if you are invested emotionally in a team, it's acceptable to be annoyed if a rival team wins something major like a championship. (Or two championships in three seasons)

I have thought a lot about it, and I think it's easier to assemble a championship team in the US.

Players who play in Canada are under so much scrutiny from media and fans, it makes it much harder to attract quality players and for them to succeed long term.

Even in American Original Six markets, there are other sports that take precedence over hockey.

Ironically, passion and fervor for Canadian teams does seem to have an effect on reducing their chances of winning championships.

I mean, Montreal managed to get to round 3 and Vanek (who was an acquisition who never asked to go to Montreal) got crucified and mocked by the media (Thomas "Vanish") for underperforming. Do you think he would want to play for them again given the chance?

:picard:

Sour grapes for Apples? Awwwwww.

NYR were out of their depth here. Any other goalie for NYR and this was a nasty sweep.

LA had a 48 shot advantage over only 5 games. And that's not counting blocks or misses, that's shots on target.

And you're still thinking AV wasn't out of his league.

So basically you are saying 'haters gonna hate'

Thats definitely not what I was saying. "Haters gonna hate" is like a defense phrase for people getting "hated" on. I said exactly what I meant. That people find a reason to be hateful towards teams who beat us/are better than us.

Edit: I like your profile pic, Hamburgler.

Sour grapes for Apples? Awwwwww.

NYR were out of their depth here. Any other goalie for NYR and this was a nasty sweep.

LA had a 48 shot advantage over only 5 games. And that's not counting blocks or misses, that's shots on target.

And you're still thinking AV wasn't out of his league.

:picard:

Congrats to L.A. Can't really say I like them, but at the same time, there are a lot of things about that club that are hard not to like.

Gotta hand it to players like Greene, Stoll, Mitchell, Williams - who I think make the difference in the end.

They're just relentless and have the collective mindset of champions.

Jonathon Quick - 72nd overall

Anze Kopitar - 11th overall

Dustin Brown - 13th overall

Drew Doughty - 2nd overall

Tyler Toffoli - 47th overall

Tanner Pearson - 30th overall

Slava Voynov - 32nd overall

Trevor Lewis - 17th overall

Kyle Clifford - 35th overall

Alec Martinez - 95th overall

Dwight King - 109th overall

Jordan Nolan - 186th overall

The answer is quite simple.

Draft and develop your own players and teach them to play the right way.

Thats definitely not what I was saying. "Haters gonna hate" is like a defense phrase for people getting "hated" on. I said exactly what I meant. That people find a reason to be hateful towards teams who beat us/are better than us.

Edit: I like your profile pic, Hamburgler.

I agree some people are hateful. That's ok. I don't really like the Kings that much, and I hate seeing Kopitar lift the Cup because I was one of those fans who wanted the Canucks to draft him 9 years ago.

Although if you really want to see hate on this board, science help us if the Flames win another championship.

Archived