The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] benning wants reinhart

They are still not explosive players and very similar. Reinhart is the smarter player, he is the better player but Reinhart is on another level. Their skating isn't significantly better than the other but nonetheless it isn't very good. Reinhart isn;t a gamebreaker I see him as a 2nd line center that makes smart decisions but can't break the game open.

Ekblad is a franchise defensemen, Reinhart isn't close to a franchise player.

Most scouts peg Ekblad as someone who will play very soon and play a long time but he isn't slated to become a number 1 franchise defense.

Reinhart has more possible upside IMO

No, the way the play. Both not explosive, average skaters, it speaks similarities. I've watched both at the same level and I know what I'm talking about.

Reinhart isn't on a whole other level, he does some things better than Hodgson and plays defense, backchecks. But in a simple form they play the same way and really it isn't worth taking Reinhart at #1 if we trade up.

Yeah he is better but he isn't an explosive player. Hodgson and Reinhart play exactly the same, except I'd say Reinhart backchecks harder and plays better defense.

Hodgson can't even hold Reinhart's stick :P

People need to get it through their minds. At least one scout has said that opening bids for the first and second picks are 2 established young players and an upper first round pick. People on CDC want to keep throwing average to slightly above average players at the Panthers and the Sabres, but it isn't enough... Tallon and Murray are not dummies.

The only realistic cheaper picks are the 3rd-5th picks. The 3rd pick's cost would sting a bit, but it is attainable by the Canucks.

In other word's Benning would have to give waaay too much away in order to get into the top 2. Trading up to the 5th pick is pointless, 4th pick is good, but the semi-affordable optimum realistic pick would be the 3rd one that is held by the Oilers.

Also, you have Kassian starting on the fourth line. That would be one heck of a way to stifle his growth. He is part of the Canuck's future.

Kuzma was on 1040 stating that it would take more than Horvat + 6th to acquire 1st OA...Ridiculous IMO...!...Everyone knows that Tallon and Murray are not dummies,but it seems to me that the asking price is going to be exhorbitant.....It's almost a formality now of teams in the top 3 stating that their picks are available if the (unrealistic) price is right....

I'm thinking that Garrison probably wouldn't waive to Florida. Did he not take a "home town" discount to sign with Vancouver. I also remember Florida trying to get him to sign an extension, but he chose to explore the market.

The grass is always greener. Maybe Garrison thinks differently about playing in Van now. Who knows? FLA

is much further along in their rebuild than Vancouver is. Might want to jump back on.

Kuzma was on 1040 stating that it would take more than Horvat + 6th to acquire 1st OA...Ridiculous IMO...!...Everyone knows that Tallon and Murray are not dummies,but it seems to me that the asking price is going to be exhorbitant.....It's almost a formality now of teams in the top 3 stating that their picks are available if the (unrealistic) price is right....

If Tallon was offered Horvat and #6 oa, He would jump all over that. Kuzma has no clue what he's talking about. If Bennet, Dal Colle or Draisatl fall in the draft...which a lot of pundits believe could very easily happen, then he would be turning down possibly;

Horvat, Draisatl

Horvat, Dal Colle

Horvat, Bennet

... any one of those combo's is better than just Reinhart and both Murray and Tallon know it

They are still not explosive players and very similar. Reinhart is the smarter player, he is the better player but Reinhart is on another level. Their skating isn't significantly better than the other but nonetheless it isn't very good. Reinhart isn;t a gamebreaker I see him as a 2nd line center that makes smart decisions but can't break the game open.

Ekblad is a franchise defensemen, Reinhart isn't close to a franchise player.

You lost any credibility you once had with this statement. Horrible facts and a horrid comparison.

Philly: Kesler, Jovanovski, Corrado, 36th overall

Vancouver: 1st overall, 17th overall, Laughton, Shane Gostisbehere

Florida: Schenns, 6th overall

Does that sound fair? I would love to somehow get Gostisbehere

Let's rearrange that (I was going to say to show how bad it is but had looked at the original version).

Philly gives: Schenns, Laughton, Gostisbhere, 17th

Vancouver gives: Kesler, Garrison, Corrado, 6th and 36th overall

Florida gives: 1st, Jovanovski

Florida gets both Schenns plus a 6th overall.

Philly gets Jovo as a cap dump, Kesler, Corrado and a 2nd (albeit a high one).

Vancouver gets the 1st overall, the 17th, Laughton and Gostisbhere.

Philly and Van give up the most, and Florida easily wins the deal.

I dont know anything about this but I think we are better off keeping our pick and assets than trade them for Reinhart.

Maybe but coming off a bad year where a fan base is upset with the team, I imagine that the new management of Benning and Linden are wanting to make a splash this offseason and have some kind of shake up to bring a positive interest in the team coming into the new season. It's more likely to see some kind of big deal being made and we do have the pieces to make a big trade (or trades).

You lost any credibility you once had with this statement. Horrible facts and a horrid comparison.

That's just my opinion, I have never seen him break a game wide open in my eyes. Reinhart is #4 in my rankings, Draisaitl is a bigger game breaker because he has power, vision and size.

Yeah, I guess I don't know anything.

The top picks this year are most definitely prohibitively expensive. The other day Murray even changed his tune about wanting to trade the second pick. It's not available anymore. That probably means that no teams are willing to pay the asking price.

Florida on the other hand has traded away their top picks before. I would also think that Edmonton would be willing trade their #3 for a lesser cost especially since they are terrible in the draft.

No but I could smell it from Niagra Falls. I got half way across that bridge and couldn't stand it and had to turn around. The never tell you about that in summer school

You can't even spell Niagara correctly. You just ooze intelligence and classiness.

Let's rearrange that (I was going to say to show how bad it is but had looked at the original version).

Philly gives: Schenns, Laughton, Gostisbhere, 17th

Vancouver gives: Kesler, Garrison, Corrado, 6th and 36th overall

Florida gives: 1st, Jovanovski

Florida gets both Schenns plus a 6th overall.

Philly gets Jovo as a cap dump, Kesler, Corrado and a 2nd (albeit a high one).

Vancouver gets the 1st overall, the 17th, Laughton and Gostisbhere.

Philly and Van give up the most, and Florida easily wins the deal.

Who do you have getting Garrison?

If we trade up for the first I have a feeling it will involve Tanev. Don't like it because I really like his game and he is youth, but I think he wants a payday and we don't want people on your team that are just looking to cash in.

Archived