The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Booth on Waivers

Strombone1

Only Burrows and Santo were on for fewer 5v5 goals against (for players playing at least 500 minutes).

The Canucks out-possess and out-shoot their opponent when Booth is on the ice.

Booth and Kassian started clicking towards the end of the year.

He's an overpaid 3rd/4th liner no doubt, but to call him a waste is simply inaccurate.

He was a waste of $4 million. If he was getting paid $1.5-$2, I doubt anyone here would be hating on him. He simply made too much for what he brought to the team

I thought he was okay near the end of the season, but we have an abundance of these "middle six" type guys, and Booth is the most overpaid.

Not really too worked up about it though. We pretty much gave up nothing to get him, it feels like much less of a waste than Ballard.

As long as the cap relief is used for something good, otherwise I am not sure this was necessary.

I agree.

Booth has shown signs of progressive,cerebral recovery.

However,if his lot is a third line slot the Nucks would do better to let him move on.

Credit to the Aqualini's for funding the mistakes of the past for a shot at the betterment of the team's future.

Surprised this didn't happen last year.

It couldn't be done last year. You can't buyout a player while he's on long term injury. Pretty sure it's why they put Ballard in the press box down the stretch. Made sure he didn't get injured so they could at least buy him out.

I predict a subtle change to the lineup after this. Depending on what we get back from the Kes trade. No center in the trade, David Legwand signing, then let the youth fill out what's left of the lineup. Also maybe get a 1a 1b goalie. Draft Ehlers because this team NEEDS SPEED, and let him and Shinkaruk battle it out for a top 6 spot.

Interesting move on the Canucks part. I thought Booth would last the year too, however JB may have something brewing. New coach, new draft picks, new management team. Exciting time to be a Canucks fan right now. I wonder what they are going to do about the second line now, especially with no Kesler and no Booth. JB will have his work cut for him.

Agree. Looks like something is brewing down Rogers Area way... Will be interesting to see.

Can't help thinking that while he didn't live up to expectations, he did bring size to the line up, and finally started to play like a pfd at the end of last season. However, someone needs to be moved to free up dollars, if the roster is going to get changed significantly... Fair winds Booth :)

I thought he was getting his stride back, and starting to look like the middle six guy we needed. Let's be honest he was never a top-liner but was paid like one. I really thought he was strong for the last 2 months of the season.

Anyways, all the best Booth. He will surely land somewhere and inevitably succeed in a less stressful market.

It couldn't be done last year. You can't buyout a player while he's on long term injury. Pretty sure it's why they put Ballard in the press box down the stretch. Made sure he didn't get injured so the could at least buy him out.

Makes total sense..

I have a feeling hes going to sign in Toronto with mayray. Guess will see FLA and CGY also possibly destinations but got a feeling it will be Toronto. Really enjoyed his play when he was on but his inconsistency were just a problem. This move pushes us further past the Gillis era and also makes a statement to other GMs. We are willing to make a move. Really like this decision instead of trying to deal him off for a late pick. Kind of a statement to the other GMs that we are open for business and are open to fair hockey deals. Hope he does well wherever he signs. Good guy.

Edit: I could actually see him joining Chicago too. Since he was put on waviers can calgary snag up his contract.. curious quesiton mark broken lol

I'm wondering if Booth was the right choice? Burrows to me seems like the more logical choice.

Neither one was particularly useful this year. At least Burrows can penalty kill when his offensive game isn't there, I guess. Burrows had one off year though, Booth hasn't really been great during his entire Vancouver tenure.

Archived