The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft] VAN selects Jake Virtanen 6th Overall

Strombone1

Not surprised by the pick. JV is the type of player JB wants. Canucks in a couple years will be a very hard team to play against.

Welcome Jake.

Imagine his parents right now. Being from Abbotsford and having your son picked 6th overall by Vancouver.

Lolllll I can't believe these supposed fans and trolls that are on this forum.

Benning has been on the job less than 2 months, and has already cleared out a locker room cancer, with one team to deal with and managed to get a pretty darn good return. Also cleared up a tonne of cap space with the the Booth dump and the Garrison trade. Plus we haven't even made it to the free agency deadline.

Not only that, he made the best offer to Florida for that number 1 that he was willing to give. Who knows what Florida wanted as far as players go..had it been a good prospect like Horvat or say Tanev, CDC would be in an uproar. You can't please everybody all the time.

I for one am jacked on Virtanen. Someone mentioned he posted the best overall skills in evaluation. He also is a local kid who will give this team everything he has. Sounds like a pretty darn good pickup to me.

Also saw someone posting about his lack of vision due to his number of assists. Which to me says he's a pure goal scorer...do we have any of those in this team? There isn't a lot of players that can do it all, consistently. If he does turn out to be that type of player, so what. Centre him with the playmaking type. God knows we have a lot of guys that can pass but not finish. Looked up Mike Bossy's career stats, and he always scored more goals then assists. Not comparing the two, but pure goal scorers are sure fun to watch.

All in all, I feel like it was a pretty darn exciting day yesterday. Good job TL & JB. Land us a nice fish in free agency and I would say this summer has been a successful one.

As long as we didn't pick Ritchie I'm fine with either Virtanen, Nylander, or Ehlers. At this point in time you can't really go wrong with any of the 3. Virtanen having a shoulder injury does NOT make him injury prone, nor does anyone know for certain he's a bust. We need more players with a shoot first mentality because, clearly, our 1st line is sorely lacking in shooters. Sedin-Sedin-Burrows = playmaker-playmaker-grinder? We don't need that.

Loving this kid more and more, going to be an NHL stud and as for all your haters, what do you really a know about scouting? Just your personal opinion? Let the people who get paid make these calls I for one am glad we stayed far away from Ritchie kid is going to be the next big bust in the NHL

Archived