The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

This guy screams pre concussion David Booth, allbeit a little more skilled, the way he plays and honestly thats not a bad thing.

Lets just hope he doesn't run into Mike Richards I guess.

Much better third period although that moment where he had McDavid and Fabbri alone in front and took a sharp angle shot was kind a wtf moment. That being said Germany out shot Canada by a lot in the second, and that might have just been a coaching message to everyone to shoot the puck.

Hope that Fabbri - McDavid - Virtanen line stays together

Didnt see much of Jake in the third... can't blame coach for riding the hot hand though.

Excited to see some stronger competition, I fully expect this years depth to make an impact. If JV can pot a timely goal in a depth role, he will be rewarded.

Damn, I love this time of year. Would be sweeter if Horvat could play, but watching our other prospects has been awesome.

• Upvote 1

This guy screams pre concussion David Booth, allbeit a little more skilled, the way he plays and honestly thats not a bad thing.

Lets just hope he doesn't run into Mike Richards I guess.

Much better third period although that moment where he had McDavid and Fabbri alone in front and took a sharp angle shot was kind a wtf moment. That being said Germany out shot Canada by a lot in the second, and that might have just been a coaching message to everyone to shoot the puck.

Hope that Fabbri - McDavid - Virtanen line stays together

Booth did not ever hit like Virtanen. Also, wrong wing. Never understood the comparison. Other than a bit of trolling because we know of Booth.

Only a matter of time before Virtanen was promoted, because Ritchie is a penalty-prone sloth. Soon he'll hopefully be on the power play too.

What?

Took a big hit (should have been boarding) last game and then this game Jake took a big hit seconds after coming on the ice, having to go off way early in his shift,holding his shoulder.

He only played one shift after that hit half way through the third or so.

He might be newly banged up or accumulatively.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

Booth did not ever hit like Virtanen. Also, wrong wing. Never understood the comparison. Other than a bit of trolling because we know of Booth.

Only a matter of time before Virtanen was promoted, because Ritchie is a penalty-prone sloth. Soon he'll hopefully be on the power play too.

This isn't trolling as much as it your negative vision of David Booth.

In his first season in Vancouver Booth had a rough start yes but I remember going to a couple games right before that knee on knee hit against Colorado, and Booth was the best player for Vancouber by a country mile.

You guys just remember Booth for his negatives on and off the ice, but his first season here, when healthy he was a heck of a player for a 10-15 game stretch.

I also said a more skilled David booth so im not sure what your problem is bud.

Ya I'd be so heartbroken If This was all Virtanen could do

http://youtu.be/Gur7OJCeKc4

Edited by Spotted Zebra

This isn't trolling as much as it your negative vision of David Booth.

In his first season in Vancouver Booth had a rough start yes but I remember going to a couple games right before that knee on knee hit against Colorado, and Booth was the best player for Vancouber by a country mile.

You guys just remember Booth for his negatives on and off the ice, but his first season here, when healthy he was a heck of a player for a 10-15 game stretch.

I also said a more skilled David booth so im not sure what your problem is bud.

Ya I'd be so heartbroken If This was all Virtanen could do

http://youtu.be/Gur7OJCeKc4

There are better comparisons is all. Booth wasn't nearly as physical or as fast, bud.