The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

That isn't his game though.

To me it looks like the coach is telling him to stay high. He seems to be the high man every time. Maybe cause the coach wants to use his speed on the backcheck?

I was just thinking that I feel like that's a set ply there because he's got the speed to negate an odd man rush the other way if they need it

That isn't his game though.

To me it looks like the coach is telling him to stay high. He seems to be the high man every time. Maybe cause the coach wants to use his speed on the backcheck?

Actually thinking about it now he is staying high on most plays, but why is he of all players being restricted like that. I don't see any other players doing this?

I didn't mean it like that. I love his physical game and that mentality. The specific situation I'm talking about was when he literally went out of his way to take a detour and run a US player who was going to the bench for a change. That kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up a bit then :).

That was a little classless, but I mean its nice that hes trying to make something happen.

Please step away from the TV and attempt to walk in a straight line. One foot in front of the other...

its still not funny to watch man. I don't care if he's canucks but to be fair that's the only thing I don't like abouthim, cause its not grit anymore its classless, between period wheazling.