The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Being overly concerned about Virtanen's February slump is not whining. It appears that he is either 1) not being used in offensive starts and/or 2) he is playing with an undisclosed injury.

Hopefully, he can get on the kind of roll that McCann is enjoying in the OHL.

Or he is focusing on a different facet of his game...

3 points in his last game. He's doing fine.

Every player struggles after returning from a major injury. He's no different.

absolutely. I can accept that much easier than what bantsn and brick are trying to sell (virtanen is some defensive guru now and isnt scoring because he doesn't cross center ice anymore).

absolutely. I can accept that much easier than what bantsn and brick are trying to sell (virtanen is some defensive guru now and isnt scoring because he doesn't cross center ice anymore).

Yeah that's a bunch of fanboy nonsense. To put it nicely.

You can see him leapfrogging a bunch of prospects soon. Like next season soon. Unless he misses camp again.

He seems to fit the Canuck mold a bit better than say Hunter, who they're trying to get to protect the puck with his body.

He's more like Horvat than Hunter.

Horvat and Virtanen both have NHL bodies already. Hunter is a few years away from that but I have faith, his dad isnt a small guy at all.

Benning says he's a 200ft player. But maybe that's just for his end-to-end rushes..

No, I have noticed him focusing on that in his game. Even at the world juniors he was constantly the first forward back.

The biggest thing for him is to not only get back, but be willing to get involved and battle to retrieve the puck. If he figures out how to do that consistently, his speed will allow him to get up the ice and still be an offensive threat.