The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Virtanen is NHL ready?

William_Clarkson

Nope, and I don't think that was the plan anyways. Assuming we re-sign Kassian, Tanev, Weber.....and Jensen makes the team.. We will have over $10 million cap to fill in the final 2 forward spots.

If Bo or Hunter is one of those...

Probably no room for Virtanen just yet.

What???? oh you have to be kidding, be realistic here please. Virtanen is depth for kassian for a power forward and power forwards are injury prone from extremely taxing physical play all season long, a team simply HAS to have depth at each position and that's what vancouver needs in case kassian doesn't work out and/or is injured... I don't get the CDC, expecting a kid to crack the line-up right away. The nhl season is a long one and injuries give the farm kids some ice time and and be further evaluated for development that shows while playing nhl temporarily. We've sucked at this and blame it on whooever and whatever but it's time for that to end and i see benning and trevor ending it and farming better in all aspects of it. Virtanen should be a 2016 entry point, with subs in and out if kassian gets injured...

if he plays with a good play making center who has good vision unlike him hopefully he can turn into a kesler like player. I don't like the pick really but if he gets that centre he could be a good second line player but currently unless Cassels really develops they don't have that player, Horvat is more of a two way player they need a pure playmaker with Virtanen

Nope especially not being out for 6 months. Such a dumb pick.

Why do you even post here? lmao

Someone who's jealous Virtanen got drafted 6th overall and can out play you with 1 arm? where did you get drafted? oh and just so you know every draft pick has a chance of becoming something so why don't you go post somewhere else, or get behind the draft pick player and hope he turns out to be what this team needs. I am excited for all of our picks and hope they all can score in the NHL and play for the Canucks

Archived