The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calm down everyone! Jared McCann has cleared the air.

Bure.10

Not gonna lie, when I heard the interview I didn't realize the question was about him dropping so it was kind of a bummer when he said it, but it completely makes sense now given the context...

It's embarrassing that so many people took the liberty to tweet at him and annoy him.. he probably got a lot of hate when he didn't mean it at all.

His first taste of the Canucks fanbase

For the record Botchford is the biggest ninny of all and cant tell the difference between is mouth and his ass! The guy is a public Idiot.

I saw all the overreacting ninny's posting crap on here. I also watched him and his family's reaction when Benning called his name. His mother was smiling away and his father had a half smile smirk on his face. There was absolutely no gestures, body language or facial expressions By Jared or his family that would suggest they were unhappy with being picked by Vancouver.

In the interview the very next words after " It is what it is" was that " Vancouver is a really good organization and im really happy to play for them"

WTF do you get he doesn't wanna play for us. The kid was beaming in his interviews and so excited that he wasn't able to talk well. LOL I think that is freakin awesome. He's stoked and so am I about him being a Canuck.

All the ninny's that were posting to the contrary yesterday should be treated as trolls cause that's what they are!

That is the kind of 'endorsement' he needs .. show that hack 'some truth' further on down the road ..Botchford know as much about hockey as I do about a nunnery!

Does Botchford know that 95% of Canucks fans think he is a moron? Also how is he paid to talk about hockey?

For the record Botchford is the biggest ninny of all and cant tell the difference between is mouth and his ass! The guy is a public Idiot.

I saw all the overreacting ninny's posting crap on here. I also watched him and his family's reaction when Benning called his name. His mother was smiling away and his father had a half smile smirk on his face. There was absolutely no gestures, body language or facial expressions By Jared or his family that would suggest they were unhappy with being picked by Vancouver.

In the interview the very next words after " It is what it is" was that " Vancouver is a really good organization and im really happy to play for them"

WTF do you get he doesn't wanna play for us. The kid was beaming in his interviews and so excited that he wasn't able to talk well. LOL I think that is freakin awesome. He's stoked and so am I about him being a Canuck.

All the ninny's that were posting to the contrary yesterday should be treated as trolls cause that's what they are!

Kesler "My heart is with this organization". Not too long ago. People aren't going to say they don't like the team out right. They'll lie and say all is well and ask management for an out. Please don't tell me you buy the crap everyone sells you?

I love McCann and think he'll be great for us but his tone in that interview had me a tad worried. I hope he was pouting about his draft position, I would prefer he didn't pout at all given he was still a 1st rounder and shouldn't be crying about where he's drafted.

Kesler "My heart is with this organization". Not too long ago. People aren't going to say they don't like the team out right. They'll lie and say all is well and ask management for an out. Please don't tell me you buy the crap everyone sells you?

I love McCann and think he'll be great for us but his tone in that interview had me a tad worried. I hope he was pouting about his draft position, I would prefer he didn't pout at all given he was still a 1st rounder and shouldn't be crying about where he's drafted.

He's an 18 year old kid, just put through an extremely stressful situation(to the likes you and I will probably never understand), his whole life has been working to this moment, they stick a camera in his face five minutes after its over...jeeesh...lighten up on him, dude. Crying and pouting is beyond a tad harsh.

I really like this kid, as I said before I got busy working and didn't even know he was still on the board. This is one hell of a pick, he's a mixture of Derek Stepan and Claude Giroux.

The Canucks are obviously very happy to get McCann at #24. Dropping about 10 spots below his projected draft position AND not being invited to the Canadian World Junior summer camp are no doubt pretty big negatives from his point of view. It is obvious that some knowlegable people are not so positive about him. But Benning is high on him and obviously Benning is an impressive judge of talent.

He still has 2 years of WJC eligibility, and if he wants to make that team , he's going to have to play his socks off for the Sue. I like that he is facing a challenge this year in Junior. Nothing will be given to him, he's going to have to earn every bit he gets this year, and that's going to give us a great judge of his character and skill.

He's an 18 year old kid, just put through an extremely stressful situation(to the likes you and I will probably never understand), his whole life has been working to this moment, they stick a camera in his face five minutes after its over...jeeesh...lighten up on him, dude. Crying and pouting is beyond a tad harsh.

The argument is he was "upset" he wasn't taken earlier. Sounds like pouting to me if true. Either way he looks like a great pick up at 24 and can't wait to see what he's got. Family seems great in the "Meet the McCann's" video. Not too worried about him after watching that video.

Archived