The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

9 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

This is rather disturbing if true. You would think that a team that had so many man games lost to injuries the past two seasons would take a more conservative approach to concussions.  What was the rush to get Demko on a plane to Utica anyway. The season hadn't even started yet.

Man there are days that I question why I'm a fan of this &^@#ing team.

6 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

https://theathletic.com/584243/2018/10/14/the-athletties-the-bodyslam-the-response-the-troll-and-the-demko-story/

Rest assured Pettersson will be in good hands as well I suppose. This organization has needed to overhaul its medical protocols for eons. What a &^@#ing disaster. 

Let's hope they are smart enough to not put EP40 on a flight to Pittsburgh and let him stay behind in Florida until they know for certain that flying will not make things worse.

29 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

This is rather disturbing if true. You would think that a team that had so many man games lost to injuries the past two seasons would take a more conservative approach to concussions.  What was the rush to get Demko on a plane to Utica anyway. The season hadn't even started yet.

Sigh... I would resign from the job if my employer treated me this way...

If true, this is f*cking $hitty. What was Jim thinking?

16 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Demko has been cleared for the flight. Why all the moaning and  whining?

Player complained that he is not ready to fly.

Medical clearance means jack $hit if the player (patient) says he doesn't feel well.

When you feel sick, you go see the family doctor. The family doctor says nothing looks wrong. Does that make your sickness go away?

11 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Was this not a 'Botchford' article ? A Toronto tosser who has spent too long stirring the pot with half truths and Pratt-ish opinions ? Why is he suddenly a legitimate news source ? ( It could all be true. Just surprised Botchford is now taken seriously )

Benning confirmed that Demko had a set back after returning to Utica. I guess the thing to consider is Botchford accurate about the Demko expressing concern about flying part.  And why risk it with your concussed future franchise goalie anyway.

3 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Benning confirmed that Demko had a set back after returning to Utica. I guess the thing to consider is Botchford accurate about the Demko expressing concern about flying part.  And why risk it with your concussed future franchise goalie anyway.

Yes, totally agree. This would be right in Botchford's wheelhouse. Throw a grenade among the facts.

The Canucks actually have a history of losing a promising goalie because of poor concussion etiquette. Troy Gamble is rarely talked about, but I heard him ( and two non sports people ) talking about concussions on CBC ( years ago ) Said he was brought back very quickly, but could never focus 100%. His average ballooned, and he was soon out of hockey. I doubt ( but don't know ) that he ever received any financial consideration.

59 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Yes, totally agree. This would be right in Botchford's wheelhouse. Throw a grenade among the facts.

The Canucks actually have a history of losing a promising goalie because of poor concussion etiquette. Troy Gamble is rarely talked about, but I heard him ( and two non sports people ) talking about concussions on CBC ( years ago ) Said he was brought back very quickly, but could never focus 100%. His average ballooned, and he was soon out of hockey. I doubt ( but don't know ) that he ever received any financial consideration.

Fans in this market are too gullible sometimes.

Botchford has zero inside information, and yet we're going to choose to believe that he's privy to a private conversation between Benning and Demko? :lol:

Seriously people, stop feeding the troll. He should be a banned source on here.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Botchford has zero inside information, and yet we're going to choose to believe that he's privy to a private conversation between Benning and Demko? :lol:

Agreed. That Toronto transplant “journalist” is just trying to get click bait, sell papers rather then actually do his job and report the facts and real news. Wish he would crawl back to his center of the universe, I’m sure the Leafs could use a reporter like that.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

Agreed. That Toronto transplant “journalist” is just trying to get click bait, sell papers rather then actually do his job and report the facts and real news. Wish he would crawl back to his center of the universe, I’m sure the Leafs could use a reporter like that.  

Why do I get the feeling that EP Phone Home is someone's alternate account? 20 posts? I don't buy it!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Why do I get the feeling that EP Phone Home is someone's alternate account? 20 posts? I don't buy it!

Lol don’t worry man, I’ve been a fly on these forums walls forever without an account. You’ll see this post count go up post haste. I love this team but this is my one and only account. 

On 10/15/2018 at 1:04 AM, DeNiro said:

Wasn't he let go by the Province? 

28 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Wasn't he let go by the Province? 

All you need to know.

Who keeps giving this guy credibility? I seriously don't get it. He's worse than Dave Pratt, and at least Pratt's somewhat entertaining though.

• Upvote 1