The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

if Demko ties his number of wins last year (33 wins), he'll launch from 7th to 5th (one win ahead of Markstrom) amongst Canuck goaltenders and get to exactly 100 wins as a Canuck. Jumping to 4th would require another 9 wins and would involve him passing Dan Cloutier's 109 wins, but that would require a herculean 42-win season from Demko, which isn't entirely impossible, but very unlikely.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Good taste in music too. He's solid.

I’m hopeful Demko can have some of those .880 save games and we are good enough to score enough to bail him out and win those contests.  Last year he had several (not many) bad games, but we didn’t help him out by scoring lots. 

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m hopeful Demko can have some of those .880 save games and we are good enough to score enough to bail him out and win those contests.  Last year he had several (not many) bad games, but we didn’t help him out by scoring lots. 

Certainly didn't help that he was injured at the end of the season and played a stretch of relatively poor hockey, especially by his standards. A heavy workload doesn't help either. If Martin can continue being great and play 25 games this year, that would do wonders for Demko, allowing him to play less than 60 games this year. I feel like 55 games would be ideal for Demmer.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Six isn't bad. I think he'll be even higher after this new season. (as he types with his fingers crossed; hard to do yah know.):rolleyes:

Accurate rating for Demko, I'd say. I also think he can elevate to Vezina finalist levels in his prime.

• Like 1