The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Demko looked so solid positionally against Dallas, it looked like he barely had to make a solid save. The glove save in tight was probably the hardest shot he faced and he didn't even have to move for that.

Prime Demko is back, whatever niggle he was dealing with is hopefully over but I think it's also a combination of solid defending and no more stupid defensive plays. I can't remember the last time our goalie didn't have to make an A-grade save on a scoring chance. Dallas didn't have one all game which is nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

We made the right decision to let Markstrom go and keep Demko. Just would have been nice to get a pick for Markie.

The fact that Marky, Tanev and Toffoli left without anything coming back tells the tale of the indecisiveness that clouded the end of the Benning era. Canuck's have never had a reputation for strong asset management. This was one of the most brutal examples.  

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

On 11/9/2022 at 8:13 PM, dougieL said:

I said a while back that Demko needs to match the graphics on his pads, blocker and catcher. What I meant was he needs to update his pads to the new CCM EFLEX 6, not downgrade his blocker to the EFLEX 5.

Demko needs to move on from the EFLEX 5. The graphics design is so dated. This model had some of the ugliest graphics across the NHL during its run. Holtby's pad graphics in the Canadian Division season were awkward to look at. Markstrom has moved on to the EFLEX 6 and they look so much better. Demko needs to follow suit. 

Really? We talking about graphics on goalie pads? Graphics? I can see us talking about games, but graphics? Is this game about more than graphics?  Can you believe we talking about graphics? Graphics? I can see us talking about the game, but graphics?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Really? We talking about graphics on goalie pads? Graphics? I can see us talking about games, but graphics? Is this game about more than graphics?  Can you believe we talking about graphics? Graphics? I can see us talking about the game, but graphics?

Chill out Allen :lol:

And by the way, I believe his game has picked up signficantly since he switched over the the full gamut of EFlex 6 equipment :P

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...