The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I know this isn't en vogue in today's Twitter and Facebook world, but perhaps a lesson to actually read and understand another person's full point and perspective before barreling off on a reactionary rant...? ;)

meh, what fun is that? 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

You think you guys would have clued in a bit too at the 'complementary offensive/PP 2' comments. Tryamkin is a lot of things, but complimentary offensive/PP2 is not the first words if use to describe him :lol:

that would be a surprise. 

Not sure if its been covered, but do the rules allow Nik to sign his next deal with the Canucks, but be "loaned" to his KHL team to finish off their season? I know it would be unusual, just curious if thats possible. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

meh, what fun is that? 

that would be a surprise. 

Not sure if its been covered, but do the rules allow Nik to sign his next deal with the Canucks, but be "loaned" to his KHL team to finish off their season? I know it would be unusual, just curious if thats possible. 

I think it would depend on the KHL.

From the NHL side, I doubt there’s an issue. Think of it as a 2020-21 SPC with a European assignment clause. Totally legal from the NHL point of view. Just not sure it’d work under KHL’s rules.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I know this isn't en vogue in today's Twitter and Facebook world, but perhaps a lesson to actually read and understand another person's full point and perspective before barreling off on a reactionary rant...? ;)

You think you guys would have clued in a bit too at the 'complementary offensive/PP 2' comments. Tryamkin is a lot of things, but complimentary offensive/PP2 is not the first words if use to describe him :lol:

Well excuse me, if I came to a Tryamkin thread, and thought the comments were about Tryamkin.....LOL

Seriously, you are right, and I did jump to a conclusion, but you can read similar comments scattered through out this thread.......

In saying that.....I should have considered the source....you don't make comments like that.....meaning I usually agree with you.....

But man, CDC has a hard time staying on topic

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well excuse me, if I came to a Tryamkin thread, and thought the comments were about Tryamkin.....LOL

Seriously, you are right, and I did jump to a conclusion, but you can read similar comments scattered through out this thread.......

In saying that.....I should have considered the source....you don't make comments like that.....meaning I usually agree with you.....

But man, CDC has a hard time staying on topic

In a player thread, one should not be surprised to see discussion of the player AND the players that will (potentially) be around them ;) It was all part of the discussion of where he and other defensemen will fit moving forward. Another poster suggested Rafferty will be playing first pair with Hughes and Edler will be gone after this season (as well as Tryamkin likely on the third pair, right side). Neither of which, of the former, I think will likely happen IMO.

• Cheers 1

Also would be curious if the Canucks could sign Tryamkin at this season’s RFA deadline, and then just taxi squad him or limit his games, so he stays expansion exempt, but still collects his 2020-21 NHL salary (so cash in his pocket) and gets to practice with the team (so make sure his conditioning is up to snuff, and get him familiarized with his teammates, NHL ice, and systems, for next season—basically like a really long training camp for Nik).

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Also would be curious if the Canucks could sign Tryamkin at this season’s RFA deadline, and then just taxi squad him or limit his games, so he stays expansion exempt, but still collects his 2020-21 NHL salary (so cash in his pocket) and gets to practice with the team (so make sure his conditioning is up to snuff, and get him familiarized with his teammates, NHL ice, and systems, for next season—basically like a really long training camp for Nik).

Would be nice...but I can't imagine it will happen. Unfortunately, I think it's next season for him.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In a player thread, one should not be surprised to see discussion of the player AND the players that will (potentially) be around them ;) It was all part of the discussion of where he and other defensemen will fit moving forward. Another poster suggested Rafferty will be playing first pair with Hughes and Edler will be gone after this season (as well as Tryamkin likely on the third pair, right side). Neither of which, of the former, I think will likely happen IMO.

I know that Agent

My first sentence was my attempt at humor after stepping in it................You know, that I know, that you know, that I know....you know!

I would like to see Benning address this issue of sign and loan back

Either he can or he can't

IMO, Benning is very negligent in how he addresses issues around Tryamkin, and should know what his fans want

Especially, when this year revenues are going to be so dismal

I would like to see weekly follow ups on all our prospects weekly play, development, chances of success, chances of coming over etc

After all....who is ultimately paying his salary

Just a revue and summary.......he has to know how crazy this market is....how hungry we are for info

Sure he has other things, but ultimately he works for us

Maybe have Higgins/Smyl do it............ it would keep us buzzing

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

IMO, Benning is very negligent in how he addresses issues around Tryamkin, and should know what his fans want

I would like to see weekly follow ups on all our prospects weekly play, development, chances of success, chances of coming over etc

Just a revue and summary.......he has to know how crazy this market is....how hungry we are for info

Would be good to know what’s possible.

Like I said in my earlier post, I doubt the NHL has an issue. Would just be like signing him with a Euro clause and then sending him back.

But from the KHL’s side, Tryamkin would need to terminate his current contract to become eligible to sign an NHL deal. I’d be surprised if the KHL would allow a player to terminate their deal and then return to the same team on a loan, during the same season.

Also have to wonder if there is a loan deadline or roster freeze of some sort in the KHL. I’d expect there would be some barriers to adding loans late in the season.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Definitely an improved media liaison who can produce podcasts and videos. It’s shocking how little effort there is by the Canucks organization in this area. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Definitely an improved media liaison who can produce podcasts and videos. It’s shocking how little effort there is by the Canucks organization in this area. 

Even one media interview where someone from the Canucks organization demonstrated a deep understanding of things like the CBA and international MoU’s and transfer agreements, would go a long way toward eliminating any suggestion that the team isn’t on top of these things. 

Not that I believe the Canucks are flying blind. I fully expect they actually know what they’re doing in these areas. But there are many in the “Dim Jim” crowd who think this kind of stuff, and management does very little to actually convince them otherwise.

(Would also just be nice is the team would tell us things, so we didn’t have to read through the CBA, or KHL regulations, to try to answer questions on our own, when it comes to issues around contracts, rights, and player status, etc.)

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Even one media interview where someone from the Canucks organization demonstrated a deep understanding of things like the CBA and international MoU’s and transfer agreements, would go a long way toward eliminating any suggestion that the team isn’t on top of these things. 

Not that I believe the Canucks are flying blind. I fully expect they actually know what they’re doing in these areas. But there are many in the “Dim Jim” crowd who think this kind of stuff, and management does very little to actually convince them otherwise.

(Would also just be nice is the team would tell us things, so we didn’t have to read through the CBA, or KHL regulations, to try to answer questions on our own, when it comes to issues around contracts, rights, and player status, etc.)

Yes, I think they could really work on this.......aka 1/2 hr. podcast

Maybe even a mail question of the week

there is alot they could do with it

they could probably use it to send some messages to their prospects too

I would like it more fan interactive than media interactive

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

At least it democratizes knowledge in the mean time and provides opportunities for independents to fill the void. I think the corporate model and it’s hang ups still require driving eyes and ears toward conventional media. 

• Vintage 1

20 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

That's probably a great comparison. He will be a guy that struggles a bit 5 on 5 but can be an asset on the power play. 

Struggling 5 on 5 is not part of his history, why would it become so? Weber was a smallish D with a big shot, Rafferty is a bigger guy, with a not so great shot, but is an adept puck mover and carrier. There is nothing in Rafferty’s history to suggest that he struggles 5v5, that is just a made up fantasy passed on by people keen to believe it. It has no basis in reality. You don’t get to be a big + player by playing crap D. That was certainly not his rep in College, and his play did not acquire it for him in Utica - some people wanted to find something wrong with him, so they made it up. 

• Cheers 1

Watched his game today 2-1 OT win over CSKA. 

In one shift he had 3 poke checks to force turnovers, one poke check got the puck out of the crease. Later he even intercepted a cross ice pass with that long staff.

He had two good offensive carries, one towards the crease and a shot and rebound on net, very simple but effective to gain the zone. Another carry he took to the high slot and waited to let the play develop, and shot on net. Not sure if Coach Peters is getting him more involved (Avto needs goals) or whether its maturity. But compared to a couple of blind dump ins I think his carries are more effective for puck possession.  I think his carries are helped a lot by his skating and speed through the neutral zone,  making opponents back off. He played 3 on 3 OT which was pretty exciting, he broke up a 2 on 1 and helped regain the puck. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1