The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning looking to add scoring forward/winger

TheRussianRocket.

Sign Vrbata

Trade for Loui Eriksson (should be cheap as Bruins have little cap so something like Gaunce+Hansen)

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Vrbata-Bonino-Kassian(Kassian will break out and be a top PWF in the league)

Higgins-Horvat-Burrows(2 hard working players teaching him)

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Vey?

Surprised nobody has mentioned Santorelli. One of the most exciting players IMHO last year for us. Throw him on the wing and use as a backup centre when the injury bug inevitably hits us. 2 years at $1-1.5 million per.

If we are going to spend money I say make the trade for Johansen. He won't be cheap, but the fact he isn't signed might make it easier than Kane. Send out Higgins, Matthias and a prospect.

Chicago, Phili and Washington need cap relief.

Would love to see Sharp here. Even a guy like Brooks Laich or Troy Brouwer might come in handy.

In terms of UFA, the only "top 6" available are Vrbata, Grabovski, Legwand and Heatley. Quotations obviously don't need explaining.

Clark MacArthur is a Medicine Hat Tiger. Deal for him JB! Don't overpay for a bunch of guys whose past due date has expired. Seriously, Danny Heatley?

Frick. I would lose it if we got Clarke MacArthur (or Kyle Turris). But I doubt Ottawa gives up either given their ever-thinning depth of talent.

I have this real strange feeling that Benning will make a deal with Boston for Loui Eriksson. I think you'll have maybe Hansen, Mallet, and a 2016 3rd Round Pick for Loui Eriksson. We might even retain some salary on Hansen, it's just something that wouldn't shock me.

I told my buddy that Benning is probably trying to get Eriksson from Boston but he's keeping it low key. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen, but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if it does.

If we are going to spend money I say make the trade for Johansen. He won't be cheap, but the fact he isn't signed might make it easier than Kane. Send out Higgins, Matthias and a prospect.

Chicago, Phili and Washington need cap relief.

Would love to see Sharp here. Even a guy like Brooks Laich or Troy Brouwer might come in handy.

In terms of UFA, the only "top 6" available are Vrbata, Grabovski, Legwand and Heatley. Quotations obviously don't need explaining.

Johansen for scraps lol keep dreaming. It would take Horvat to even get their attention...

Throw in Tanev, Hansen and 1st

I have this real strange feeling that Benning will make a deal with Boston for Loui Eriksson. I think you'll have maybe Hansen, Mallet, and a 2016 3rd Round Pick for Loui Eriksson. We might even retain some salary on Hansen, it's just something that wouldn't shock me.

I told my buddy that Benning is probably trying to get Eriksson from Boston but he's keeping it low key. If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen, but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if it does.

Yeah it could happen. I'm hoping for it

I definitely think he's wheeling and dealing with teams up against the cap. Boston is one of the 4-5 who are in that group so it's actually very likely.

look for a trade to happen with boston or st louis . I bet the canucks trade some of their youth . Think thats stupid but I have a strong feeling its gonna happen

Well, that's good enough for me.

Seriously, don't hold your breath for anything to happen immediately. Teams will be concentrating on any remaining, decent free agents. Once that clears, there'll be a lull before managements take a step back to assess the changing landscape. Teams up against the cap will get antsy later, even late August (which is when we got Ehrhoff for a skate blade and a mouthguard). A patient Benning could get good value from targeting someone he needs for both the short- and long-term.

Archived