The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

After the Draft/FA weekend, I'm worried about the future of our.... humanity.

Egon

It's summer holidays for the kiddies. This place becomes almost unbearable for those 3 months.

I am pretty excited about the changes. Shed some useless pieces and got deeper as a team I think. I expect big bounce back seasons from a lot of players.

Everyone comes to this site for a real debate and discussion on hockey. My guess is this is the best site for hockey overview and analysis, hence a magnet for trolls of every opposing market. I think those of us that have been following this team long enough know to see through the bs.

This. Like flies to s***

Give me a break, they don't give a crap about what a few internet tards think. You think people get far by looking at what people say about them. They don't need your advocacy. Stop wasting your time acknowledging a few people who have nothing going on with their lives.

I think fans have a right to be unhappy if they feel that way. I'm not happy with our recent moves personally. Although I do hope we still win just that if I had to bet it would be against the Canucks. What people shouldn't do is make things personal.

Preaching to the choir OP. All these guys coming into Vancouver deserve a fair shake from the fans.

Expectations don't need to be for them to be saviours, just to do their best and win some games.

I still remember when it was an absolute luxury for us to make the playoffs. Those times are hear again for a little while and we need to be supportive!

People get so attached to players/prospects that they can't accept the fact others may have equal talent or potential and proceed to bash players taken ahead of them.

People need to relax and try see the positive in everyone. I too talk down about players. But generally I give them a chance to play. I waited for 2 bad seasons before openly bashing Edler's play. Not him as a person or his family his play.

I think bashing prospects before even playing is the dimbest thing anyone can do. At least give him a shot first. There are a million opinions and ideas and people think only theirs is right.

Dear op:Lets just beat a dead horse with a necromancy staff

I would guess half the people who are on here posting are in fact minors and we all know what happens when you mix pubescent hormones, preconceived notions, poor reporting thats reaching for anything, emotional attachment to a increasingly innefective core, and a gm whos unafraid to bet on a few educated gambles. What u get is a passionate fanbase constantly fighting off the kneejerk drama of a mentally immature demografic with too much time on their hands in the summmer.

The mediocre reporters sure like to soak it up especially kuzma andbotch.

Common now! Lol.

Miller will be just fine. All goalies are crazy anyways

You're right! I mean, just look at those eyebrows! lol,

On topic, great post! I personally get tired of reading too many crap posts going against everything that's been done, as the ones posting, were the ones most crying out for change. Well, change is here, and it's been positive!

Oh for...

ONE poster

One

One damn poster insulted Miller's wife

Everyone else blasted him for it. Read everything before you judge and condemn. Some of you just do this too much. Read a single thread title, absorb one negative comment and apply it to the fanbase as if we are all so terrible except yourself of course. You bastions of wonderfulness. (and before anyone accuses me, I am refering not to just the OP but all those that called us the worst fans in hockey, etc in support of this ridiculousness) This goes for everything else in the OP that ruined his faith in humanity. it's cherry-picking the negative

From my perspective the board has been in overwhelming support of the new moves and positve about the future. Almost a bit overkill, but I can't fault them for having some hope. I can't believe that some of you can't see it.

But forget it. Elitist fans, if you hate us all so much then just go cheer for a team with the wonderful fans already in your supposed utopia of brotherhood.

We actually have an awesome fanbase that are very passionate and creative. We've set traditions and been there for our team in it's darkest hours.

Speak only for yourselves. The worst don't speak for me or you, neither do the supposed best.

We are all Canucks, but we are all also freewilled individuals. Time for some of you loud elitists to get that through your thick skulls already and stop making this board such a hostile place for new and old users alike.

Dear op:Lets just beat a dead horse with a necromancy staff

I would guess half the people who are on here posting are in fact minors and we all know what happens when you mix pubescent hormones, preconceived notions, poor reporting thats reaching for anything, emotional attachment to a increasingly innefective core, and a gm whos unafraid to bet on a few educated gambles. What u get is a passionate fanbase constantly fighting off the kneejerk drama of a mentally immature demografic with too much time on their hands in the summmer.

The mediocre reporters sure like to soak it up especially kuzma andbotch.

This entirely. +1 The forever negative hard done by complaint posters are more than likely too young to comprehend the business of hockey and have only "experienced" their view of the game through NHL14, and are more than willing to spew redundant overly posted negative posts about unrealistic expectations and trades that didn't go through. We're not the only team in the league, take what you get with what you're given by GMJB and co. and appreciate it. The change is coming, the team is being re-envisioned and it'll take time to become good again.

Long time reader, seldom poster here. Just wanting to say thanks for laying down this post OP, ive been greatly let down by the fans around here.

Ive been more than happy with everything benning has done, solid drafting and great trades for what he has had to work with. FA aquisitions has been great with miller and vrabata, we solidified our shakey goal tending and added a top six winger. Them we re sign our two best younger players in kassian and tanev!!

And damn that draft was beautiful!

I want to see more positives and damn smiles around here and less crying and complaining.

Love the direction we are heading in and cant wait to see what comes next for my beloved canucks.

Totally agree with the OP. Especially with Jake Virtanen. Hes been talked down upon like MAD. This kid has crazy talent and I can't wait to watch him in the dub this year, ill be at every calgary hitman game this year when they are in kamloops.

I must way regarding the wives part of the OP. Millers wife as hot AF. Just sayin

Totally agree with the OP. Especially with Jake Virtanen. Hes been talked down upon like MAD. This kid has crazy talent and I can't wait to watch him in the dub this year, ill be at every calgary hitman game this year when they are in kamloops.

I must way regarding the wives part of the OP. Millers wife as hot AF. Just sayin

I have a feeling Giants games will get a good spike when the Hitmen are in town here. I might have to check him out live as well

Worst fans in the NHL IMO. Benning and co are trying to construct a new team with a new identity and less than 2 months on the job and a 2 days into July fans are already claiming the the seasons a write off, tank for Mcdavid, Virtanen is a bust, should have drafted Ehlers, and should have signed Iginla wtf are you doing Benning it's your fault he didn't sign here. It's mind boggling how stupid some fans are.

Speaking of which, anyone seen SNYPERS since the draft?

This is what I've gathered so far from the off-season:

- Fire GILLIS!

- Fire Torts!

- Yea! Torts is gone!

- Yea! Gillis is gone!

- Yea! Linden!

- Boo! Linden can't get a GM!

- Yea! Benning!

- Boo! Linden is a puppet!

- Boo! Benning can't get a coach!

- Yea! Willie is awesome!

- Boo! We didn't get Stevens!

- Boo! What are we, the Medicine Hat Tigers?

- Yea! We're actually going to trade Kesler and not end up in the Corey and Luo situation!

- Boo! We traded Kesler!

- Yea! More trades!

- Boo! More trades!

- Boo! Lack is a backup!

- Boo! We signed Miller, a starter! Lack is ready!

- Boo! Torts was right! Bring back Torts!

- Boo! Gillis was awesome!

And I'm just sitting here confused about the whole situation. Happy with everything we've done outside of resigning Santorelli.

you forgot Fire Benning. Some fans were doing the #FireBenning after the Virtannen pick, due to in 24 hours they were not happy with the Kesler trade and the Virtannen draft.

Archived