The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Subban seeking $8.5 M in arbitration, Habs offer $5.25 M

Not saying he doesn't deserve big bucks. I think he's a great player and fun to watch!

Especially since he's proven himself... but don't most long term players, who are serious about competing in a club they want to be in... don't they usually take a pay cut in good faith for their club? Especially this early on in their careers. I tink the Canadien's were probably trying to meet him half way, but PK's probably playing the Phanuef card.

I'm not comparing players skills, but there were a lot of Canucks, namely most our vets, who took pretty decent paycuts to remain on our playoff contending club... just sayin'.

Either way good luck to PK. Wish we had one... oh wait , we do!

Subban is twice the player Phagoof will ever be.

Nope.

Simply loving that this offseason's circus wasn't Toronto for once.

Yeah, thankfully Toronto likes to sweep all their brutal mistakes under the rug as if they aren't a bigger deal than they actually are.

Yeah, thankfully Toronto likes to sweep all their brutal mistakes under the rug as if they aren't a bigger deal than they actually are.

We'll see what happens when they try and balance out the glut of forwards they have, there might still be a dancing bear and fat lady in their future.

Why is this arbitration case so stupid and cumbersome? So the arbitration settlement is only for one year and then they have to do this all over again next year? His RFA status is for 2 years? Who wrote the CBA?

Nothing to do with the CBA, the team had requested a 1 year settlement and it's on both them and Subban to come to an agreement outside of arbitration.

Subban's RFA status has obviously been for more than two years, just that he has only two years left before he becomes a UFA.

I believe the fat lady's name is Phil Kessel

He's got a beard too, so it works on both counts?

Nothing to do with the CBA, the team had requested a 1 year settlement and it's on both them and Subban to come to an agreement outside of arbitration.

Subban's RFA status has obviously been for more than two years, just that he has only two years left before he becomes a UFA.

He's got a beard to, so it works on both counts?

Well played, elvis15.

The whole argument that he is a defensive liability is weak. His advanced stats all put him at par or better than than Keith, Doughty, Bowmeester, Peitrangelo, Webber, Hamhuis, Karlsson ect. The guy is an elite offensive defenceman that is defensively better than everyone on the blue line of 20+ of the teams in the league. If this makes it to arbitration I won't be at all surprised if he gets more than Webber did a couple years ago.

Hammer played pretty bad last, and Karlsson is weak defensively too. Nice comparisons.

I hope PK makes the realization that Montreal hates hockey players that don't meet the high expectations that they think is needed to have a good team. If you remember how many players they let go that could be "lifers" it hurts my head. Koivo stands out to me that Montreal and their fans are heartless. They won't win the cup because the NHL gods won't allow this kind of ass backwards business antics to give them the cup.

PK needs to sign with a team that's shown loyalty to it's players like. Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Ottawa, Detroit, Carolina, Chicago and even Nashville.

Pk will end up like Patrick Roy one day when PK has a bad season and regret signing with the Habs long term.

But I'm biased towards hating Eastern Canadian teams so yeah. LOL

Bure, Linden, Luongo, Naslund... All traded away under disrespectful situations. We treat our stars like crap here, we are no better.

Why wait do it now, get ride of Edler, Burrows, Markstrom and another player, bring in Subban and Kane.

Why give up assests for two players, when you could only need to trade for one then sign the other a year or two later?

Archived