The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, AppleJack said:

So as many of you know Ts and I are getting married in 2019 and wedding planning is hard.

We are also trying for a baby and so I told my family depending on that we may move the wedding date. So my mom (whose has been a saint and so much help) is all like pick a date and im like we wont know till the summer if we move it or not. So its a bit stressfull but nothing crazy.

But wait now we come to my best friend.

I asked my best friend to be my maid of honor and I wish I had asked my other friend instead. We have had problems with my Best friend for the last year because she keeps comparing the death of her senior dog to that of our stillborn baby. This has obvious caused some tension.

So as a way to smooth things out and not to cause drama within my friend group  I asked this girl to be my maid of honor and she has some unusual demands. First she tried to bully me into paying for her dress(its custom for the brideamaids to buy their own dresses). Then she asked if she could wear a dress she wore in her brothers wedding in our wedding. Nevermind the fact its the wrong length and color. Then she demanded I get her transportation to Campbell River when I told her there is a bus she said "why not ask your parents to get us."  And then demanded accomadations(which I already arranged).

Now we move onto my super religous father who went and told my aunt the wedding was postponed(if we change the date it would be earlier not later). We are getting married at my aunts house but my Dad wants us to get married and have the reception at his church.

So anyways he tells my aunt the wedding is postponed and then tells me he could get us the chuch as a venue for free. Um no thanks...not happening.

He is also a pastor who will be marrying us and he still expects to walk me down the aisle. Its going look so stupid my dad running back and forth but will cause too much drama otherwise. I actually want my step dad to walk me down as I am closer with him then my actual dad but he doesnt want drama so he wont do it.

I am starting to see that weddings are more what your family want then what you want.

Elope

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, AppleJack said:

I am starting to see that weddings are more what your family want then what you want.

5 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Always has been. Always will be.

Yep, one of the reasons why I don't want to get married. 

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I've seen this time and time again, and it irritates me to no end. Shouldn't weddings be for the couple? I never understood the Western world's big deal over the "perfect wedding". Maybe it's just a guy thing, I dunno.

Chinese weddings are worse. 

5 hours ago, Psylocke said:

Yep, one of the reasons why I don't want to get married. 

Chinese weddings are worse. 

My sister and her BF are just staying common law. Neither one of them cares about a wedding and they'd rather use the money towards their house, cars, etc...

I think that's a wise choice.

41 minutes ago, c00kies said:

My sister and her BF are just staying common law. Neither one of them cares about a wedding and they'd rather use the money towards their house, cars, etc...

Yeah, I agree. 

Big, fancy weddings are a total waste of money, IMO. But I understand if a couple wanted a smaller wedding to celebrate with just their closest friends and family. 

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

37 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Yeah, I agree. 

Big, fancy weddings are a total waste of money, IMO. But I understand if a couple wanted a smaller wedding to celebrate with just their closest friends and family. 

I'm trying to convince my bf we should just get married in Vegas and catch a Golden Knights game after. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cramarossa said:

I'm trying to convince my bf we should just get married in Vegas and catch a Golden Knights game after. 

people make way too much out of the day, that sounds great. It sure beats getting into 1000's in debt. 

49 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Or get married at the game :P

Ok, but only if he's dressed as a knight and I'm in a William Karlsson jersey :wub:

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

people make way too much out of the day, that sounds great. It sure beats getting into 1000's in debt. 

I have been putting off marriage for a while. In part because I didn't feel ready, a little more now because of cold feet, and even more so because I'd rather spend my money on hockey hooliganism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cheers 2
8 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

Ok, but only if he's dressed as a knight and I'm in a William Karlsson jersey :wub:

I have been putting off marriage for a while. In part because I didn't feel ready, a little more now because of cold feet, and even more so because I'd rather spend my money on hockey hooliganism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its not a race. If you're not ready you're not ready. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its not a race. If you're not ready you're not ready. 

That's what I've thought for a long time, but now I'm not so sure. I'm almost 28, and we've been together over six years. Folks are starting to ask questions. If he had it his way we'd have gotten married four years ago. Idk why I'm still not sure. 

Edited by Cramarossa
7 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

That's what I've thought for a long time, but now I'm not so sure. I'm almost 28, and we've been together over six years. Folks are starting to ask questions. If he had it his way we'd have gotten married four years ago. Idk why I'm still not sure. 

its hard to say, all i can say from my experience is I couldn't imagine life without being with my wife so it wasn't ever a question of not being sure. other people we know who have been together for a long time had the same thing, you just have that feeling of always wanting to be with that person and everything else is just noise or not important.

Folks can go for coffee, its your life. 

There's a lot of women in the world way skinnier and prettier than me and if I'm being honest, it makes me salty af.

I had pretty high self-esteem as a kid and felt pretty good about my looks but as I get older I feel like I'm being confronted more and more with the reality that people really dgaf about women unless they are young and beautiful and it's got me gutted to think I'm not either. Yikes.

8 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

There's a lot of women in the world way skinnier and prettier than me and if I'm being honest, it makes me salty af.

I had pretty high self-esteem as a kid and felt pretty good about my looks but as I get older I feel like I'm being confronted more and more with the reality that people really dgaf about women unless they are young and beautiful and it's got me gutted to think I'm not either. Yikes.

you are partly right, but a person's real beauty is their inner beauty. in the end outer beauty fades but inner beauty, keeps them looking beautiful to others. 

years ago, i went with a friend to his girlfriends place. when i met her, i thought she was the homeliest girl i ever saw. i felt sorry for my friend. as the evening went on ( no bews ), her personality changed the way, i saw her. when we left, i thought she was the most beautiful person, i'ld ever met. i envied my friend. 

let your inner beauty, speak for you.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, smithers joe said:

you are partly right, but a person's real beauty is their inner beauty. in the end outer beauty fades but inner beauty, keeps them looking beautiful to others. 

years ago, i went with a friend to his girlfriends place. when i met her, i thought she was the homeliest girl i ever saw. i felt sorry for my friend. as the evening went on ( no bews ), her personality changed the way, i saw her. when we left, i thought she was the most beautiful person, i'ld ever met. i envied my friend. 

let your inner beauty, speak for you.

If there is anyone you should listen to, @Cramarossa, it's @smithers joe.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎02 at 7:16 PM, AppleJack said:

I am pro choice(wouldnt get one personally unless for medical reasons) but I am beyond sick and tired of abortions being the only womens reproductive health issue anyone cares about.

Its like the supports for women who are mostly irresponsible are more important then those struggling with infertality or who have dealt with (often multiple) stillbirth/ pregnancy losses. 

I am also beyond fed  up with the pro life movement, you know if they put even half the energy into preventing loss as they do on trying to tell women how they should live...maybe just maybe more research will be done, maybe more babies will be saved. Also can they not shove their disgusting signs in my face. Its rather uncallled for.

Bc is providing a publically funded aportion pill which I am against(unless for medical reasons) because why should we pay for other peoples irresponsibilities..

But mostly cause fertality drugs and treatments are NOT publically funded

Let that sink in for a moment . You can take a pill that will kill a baby for free but have to pay for medication to get pregnant. This is backwards and so twisted.

Heaven forbid you speak up against this because this means your stripping women of their rights. Nevermind if you are pro choice. Nevermind if you want all Womens reproductive rights to matter and not just the right to kill your baby.

In a similar vein:

Why is it people with diabietes pay for their medication, but anti smoking aids are free?

8 hours ago, gurn said:

In a similar vein:

Why is it people with diabietes pay for their medication, but anti smoking aids are free?

Providing smoking cessation products for free incentivizes people to quit, and it's likely to be cheaper for the government in the long run given that those who do quit are going to have fewer healthcare expenses.

5 hours ago, Two one one said:

Providing smoking cessation products for free incentivizes people to quit, and it's likely to be cheaper for the government in the long run given that those who do quit are going to have fewer healthcare expenses.

Providing diabeties medication for free will help regulate peoples blood sugar chemistry resulting in less hospitalizations and amputations.