The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Don't the cashiers scan the coupon flyer when you're finished so you don't have to clip coupons?  Anyways I'm more of a Save-On kinda guy, back in the day I loved their long john donuts, that icing was epic.  Safeway had gross way too sweet melted donuts.  Anyone remember when they used to do McDonalds lunches in elementary schools?  They used save-on food's donuts, so good.

That doesn't happen where I live.  Cashiers don't scan the coupon flyer, and they either pronounce my name wrong or just tell me to have a nice day when trying to read my name off the receipt.  Umm, it's not hard.

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Hats for cats?

No.

Canadian Veteran owned and operated, Toque's and Baseball caps with custom branding, percentage of profits are going to go to Soldier On! A program that allows current serving or retired Forces members ill or injured to overcome their injury or mental illness through sport and activity.

• Upvote 4
15 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I can't spell.  It's so bad and even with autotype there are words I can't even come close to spelling.

Especially and Rejuvenate come to mind.  Yeah lol, it's that bad. 

my grammar can be real bad too. i remember i went to a burger place with a couple of friends, burger heaven i think? here in new west and i ordered this burger and it would have costed extra for cheese but i opted for no cheese, but they brought my burger and i bit into it and saw melty cheesy and i was like "omg there's a cheese in there"

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

my grammar can be real bad too. i remember i went to a burger place with a couple of friends, burger heaven i think? here in new west and i ordered this burger and it would have costed extra for cheese but i opted for no cheese, but they brought my burger and i bit into it and saw melty cheesy and i was like "omg there's a cheese in there"

Burger Heaven is good. Haven't been there in a long time though. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

That's a gouda lesson in life.  Always opt for the cheddar(I spelled it chedder, thank god for autotype) even if it costs you more cheddar. 

Just now, nzan said:

I feel pissy any time towards Megna anytime I see anything related to him.

I know it's not his fault, he's only doing the best he can with what he's given...I just wish he wasn't given so much...

I feel you. I get the same way but am making a conscious decision to try and fight it. He's a nice kid and it's not his fault. I felt the exact same way about Vey last season. I absolutely couldn't stand the guy. Now he's one of my favorite players for Stockton. :rolleyes: Megs just needs a change of scenery! 

• Upvote 1

I confess -

Everywhere I go, I see pistachios.  They are in ads, front and center at the grocery store, on special - 2/$7.00, 2/$7.99, etc. My dad passed away a little over a year ago, and he really liked pistachios.  I never noticed them/saw them everywhere before, and now, everywhere.   I was at the grocery store today buying cat litter and looking at the ads, and there they were, all of the sudden, pistachios on sale 2/$7.99, and then as I was crusing the grocery store, there they were, on display. 

• Upvote 2
On 2017-03-09 at 11:18 PM, brilac said:

I confess -

Everywhere I go, I see pistachios.  They are in ads, front and center at the grocery store, on special - 2/$7.00, 2/$7.99, etc. My dad passed away a little over a year ago, and he really liked pistachios.  I never noticed them/saw them everywhere before, and now, everywhere.   I was at the grocery store today buying cat litter and looking at the ads, and there they were, all of the sudden, pistachios on sale 2/$7.99, and then as I was crusing the grocery store, there they were, on display. 

You are far too young to have lost a parent. Sincere condolences brilac. 

14 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

You are far too young to have lost a parent. Sincere condolences brilac. 

Thank you

I don't really talk about it. I have friends who don't know. It's the anxiety of telling anyone.  We had no idea he was sick.

sorta fell for someone. was super intense for a little while

then it fizzled out and we got into fights and saw our differences and 'broke up' two (maybe three) times.

then we tried again - and then we fought again

now i feel like i want to try yet again, but i sincerely can't tell if i actually care about her as a person, or if she cares about me, or if we're just bored and lonely

such a waste of emotions and time. why can't we just be partnered up with suitable people from the start?

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

sorta fell for someone. was super intense for a little while

then it fizzled out and we got into fights and saw our differences and 'broke up' two (maybe three) times.

then we tried again - and then we fought again

now i feel like i want to try yet again, but i sincerely can't tell if i actually care about her as a person, or if she cares about me, or if we're just bored and lonely

such a waste of emotions and time. why can't we just be partnered up with suitable people from the start?

Stick with hookers. Way less drama, same cost.

• Upvote 2