The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

sorry to hear that. My daughter has the same thing, and I'm sure you've heard all the techniques, etc. before, but what helps her a lot is actually going early to the airport a couple of hours earlier than she has to, then having something to eat, shopping, etc. I think it has something to do with not being rushed through the process that helps her.

I have been trying my best to plan ahead like that so I don't get the added anxiety of having to rush or forgetting something. I made a detailed list of what to pack and started packing last week. It definitely made me feel more confident at the time, but now I am scared again. 

6 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I have been trying my best to plan ahead like that so I don't get the added anxiety of having to rush or forgetting something. I made a detailed list of what to pack and started packing last week. It definitely made me feel more confident at the time, but now I am scared again. 

Fear/anxiety is a strange thing. Rationally you know you have a higher risk just driving to the airport than actually being in the plane; but the brain doesn't always recognize

rational thought.

Continue to do the exercises, take the flight and then come back to tell us how the wedding went. :)

47 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

anxiety sucks. I had no idea until our daughter started experiencing it, how hard it is to work through. Sometimes she even starts getting anxious about knowing she's going to get anxious about something, and that anticipation seems worse than the actual event.

Edited by S'all Good Man
32 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

anxiety sucks. I had no idea until our daughter started experiencing it, how hard it is to work through. Sometimes she even starts getting anxious about knowing she's going to get anxious about something, and that anticipation seems worse than the actual event.

That's totally me! I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I do take comfort in knowing I'm not alone. 

31 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I'm 37yo and never been on a plane.  Been having plane crashing dreams since I was a teen.  I would need to be drugged a la B.A. Baracus from the A-Team to get on a flight lol.   

I am 27 and have been on four our five flights before, the longest being cross country to and from Baltimore (about 7h each way). I was always a little nervous growing up, but not too bad. The Baltimore flights I actually took alone. Last flight I took was one hour to LA for my brother's graduation seven years ago. I was trembling and squeezing my mom's hand the whole time. 

I can't sleep because I feel numb about a girl... It hurts so bad, but I can't cry my stomach hurts from the pain though. I finally thought I was close to that moment in life I have been chasing for most of my life; happiness :(

Thing is, there is so much uncertainty right now too, which makes it harder for closure.

Edited by c00kies
On June 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM, c00kies said:

I can't sleep because I feel numb about a girl... It hurts so bad, but I can't cry my stomach hurts from the pain though. I finally thought I was close to that moment in life I have been chasing for most of my life; happiness :(

Thing is, there is so much uncertainty right now too, which makes it harder for closure.

Sadly, life is like this sometimes. 

Take this experience and grow from it. Make yourself a better person because of it and remember: never change your personality to impress someone. You'll regret it. 

Stay strong bro. 

Don't want that ominous post of mine on the previous page just sitting there forever, so typing this one as well: Had first visit with neurologist, she said I had "a very nice brain" which was great to hear, and the liquid that the other two doctors saw is just a bit at the back of my head, it's harmless and apparently something that 5% of the population is born with. I'm extra juicy for some lucky zombie, I guess.

The head shaking is possibly something wrong in my central nervous system, so more CATscans and bloodtests to do. I'm just so incredibly relieved that it's not a brain tumor, or Parkinsons, or M.S., or lockjaw, pinkeye, and hotdog-fingers.

I can now relax a bit and enjoy the summer. And guys, when it comes to regular doctors, get a second opinion if at all possible. One of the doctors had me secretly terrified for far too long due to his inability to read the brain scan and the way he kept throwing around possible ailments all willy-nilly.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Svengali said:

Don't want that ominous post of mine on the previous page just sitting there forever, so typing this one as well: Had first visit with neurologist, she said I had "a very nice brain" which was great to hear, and the liquid that the other two doctors saw is just a bit at the back of my head, it's harmless and apparently something that 5% of the population is born with. I'm extra juicy for some lucky zombie, I guess.

The head shaking is possibly something wrong in my central nervous system, so more CATscans and bloodtests to do. I'm just so incredibly relieved that it's not a brain tumor, or Parkinsons, or M.S., or lockjaw, pinkeye, and hotdog-fingers.

I can now relax a bit and enjoy the summer. And guys, when it comes to regular doctors, get a second opinion if at all possible. One of the doctors had me secretly terrified for far too long due to his inability to read the brain scan and the way he kept throwing around possible ailments all willy-nilly.

I get hotdog fingers every summer....I run a support group sponsored by Red Racer.

"to your health good sir!"

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, riffraff said:

I get hotdog fingers every summer....I run a support group sponsored by Red Racer.

"to your health good sir!"

I've seen the tasty bbq posts in that Whats On Tonight's Menu thread of yours and I'm now totally inviting myself over to Riffraff Manor for some good eats this summer.

Cheers.

(you can come to my place on Swedish Midsummer for pickled herring and akvavit followed by dancing around the pole, the Feats Of Strength, and then the Insulting of Norwegians)

On 6/19/2017 at 10:04 PM, c00kies said:

If I can offer you some advice: it's not about growing taller- it's about growing well.

Once I was at an airport doing the checking in thing and they told me that instead of waiting that I could take a different plane leaving immediately because they had room

What a decision to make, felt like the icy hands of fate clawing at me. I mean you hear survivor stories about of taking the other plane. Worst flight of my life...

I confess -

I donated old original artwork. It's been sitting in my closet for a while. I hope my mother does not go to the shop where I donated it. She said a while back I could donate it, and it's for a good cause. I'm into minimizing these days. 

2 hours ago, milk and honey said:

During high school when we had to read a book I would just use spark notes or watch the movie of the book. Never got an A but never failed so I can't complain.

Lol, I remember doing a quiz on Spark Notes for a book, teacher gave the same one. Outsmarted the teacher B).

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

I confess -

I once went to a baseball game with co-workers. While drinking my wine, a ball came my way, and thank god someone two seats to the left of me caught it. One of my co-workers said - 'BRILAC!' WHY DIDN'T YOU CATCH THAT?!! Umm, I have my wine. Thank god the ball did not hit me. Then at the end of the game one of my co-workers asked me if I liked the game, and I asked who won. I don't get baseball scores, innings, and etc.

• Upvote 1