The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

sorta fell for someone. was super intense for a little while

then it fizzled out and we got into fights and saw our differences and 'broke up' two (maybe three) times.

then we tried again - and then we fought again

now i feel like i want to try yet again, but i sincerely can't tell if i actually care about her as a person, or if she cares about me, or if we're just bored and lonely

such a waste of emotions and time. why can't we just be partnered up with suitable people from the start?

Don't be in a hurry for boredom GJ.

• Upvote 2

I am beyond frustrated and annoyed with my best friend she is really starting to piss me off. She needs to really STOP excluding me from stuff and when I bring it up and tell her I feel left out she has the audacity to tell me that I am over reacting. She is basically pushing me out of my friend group and clinging to my boyfriend. AND does she really need to make plans with him during my 'fertile window' we are trying to get pregnant kind hard to do when he's not at home.

She hasn't been supportive at all and furthermore going on and on about some chick ending your friendship right after I had a miscarriage is so uncalled for Its like really I don't care about your petty stupid problems, AND i hate how she always cuts me off to tell me she knows how I feel when she can't possibly know how I feel. She does this ALL the time which brings me to this final point  A BIRD is not the same as a baby stop comparing your dumb stupid bird to the death of my son. You do NOT know how it feels, you will never know how it feels so just stop.:angry:

Edited by AppleJack
45 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

I am beyond frustrated and annoyed with my best friend she is really starting to piss me off. She needs to really STOP excluding me from stuff and when I bring it up and tell her I feel left out she has the audacity to tell me that I am over reacting. She is basically pushing me out of my friend group and clinging to my boyfriend. AND does she really need to make plans with him during my 'fertile window' we are trying to get pregnant kind hard to do when he's not at home.

She hasn't been supportive at all and furthermore going on and on about some chick ending your friendship right after I had a miscarriage is so uncalled for Its like really I don't care about your petty stupid problems, AND i hate how she always cuts me off to tell me she knows how I feel when she can't possibly know how I feel. She does this ALL the time which brings me to this final point  A BIRD is not the same as a baby stop comparing your dumb stupid bird to the death of my son. You do NOT know how it feels, you will never know how it feels so just stop.:angry:

Why are you even friends with this person?  She sounds awful.

1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Why are you even friends with this person?  She sounds awful.

. I am trying to talk to her about the situation but she doesn't see how she's excluding me from things cause she does stuff with me just the two of us and I am like yeah but the big things with the whole group I am being excluded from. I am really at a breaking point.

Edited by AppleJack
1 hour ago, AppleJack said:

. I am trying to talk to her about the situation but she doesn't see how she's excluding me from things cause she does stuff with me just the two of us and I am like yeah but the big things with the whole group I am being excluded from. I am really at a breaking point.

Maybe you should take a break from her. That doesn't mean cut her out of your life but not go out of your way to contact her to hang out, etc. And maybe talk to your bf about how excluded you feel when it's just them.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Once, when I was in 5th grade I stole a Roberto Luongo hockey card from a 3rd grader.

If you still have the card, track down the original owner and give it back. It will mess with their head for the rest of their life. ;)

2 hours ago, gurn said:

If you still have the card, track down the original owner and give it back. It will mess with their head for the rest of their life. ;)

Dealing hockey cards back in the day was crazy, you would be in the middle of class and look over to the kid next to you and be like "Hey, I'll trade you my Ovechkin for your Crosby." Then you would pull the cards out of your pockets and make the trade. Kids got into arguments, it got so bad that our class banned hocky cards LOL. The good old days!

May have mentioned it before, but I have a really bad problem with envy. For the most part it doesn't actually affect my everyday life or color my interactions with people, but often I get very jealous seeing the good- or just different- fortunes of people in the world around me. I sit and stew and feel bitter about what they have that I want. Yikes. 

46 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

May have mentioned it before, but I have a really bad problem with envy. For the most part it doesn't actually affect my everyday life or color my interactions with people, but often I get very jealous seeing the good- or just different- fortunes of people in the world around me. I sit and stew and feel bitter about what they have that I want. Yikes. 

It's ok, we're all guilty of this to some extent.  For me it's people that complain about property taxes on their million dollar homes, they should be thankful they were able to purchase a home before prices went sky high.  Not a day goes by were I don't feel envy/jealousy towards homeownership(owning an actual detached house in BC).  I guess it based around my love for music, and not being to sing or play loudly in my own home.  I feel if I had a place to sing I'd be a lot better musician and playing music is one of the few things that bring me happiness.  This is why summertime can't come fast enough, at least I can go down to the beach play.

27 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's ok, we're all guilty of this to some extent.  For me it's people that complain about property taxes on their million dollar homes, they should be thankful they were able to purchase a home before prices went sky high.  Not a day goes by were I don't feel envy/jealousy towards homeownership(owning an actual detached house in BC).  I guess it based around my love for music, and not being to sing or play loudly in my own home.  I feel if I had a place to sing I'd be a lot better musician and playing music is one of the few things that bring me happiness.  This is why summertime can't come fast enough, at least I can go down to the beach play.

My issue is that I get salty about things that are completely irrational. I'll see some happy couple or family on social media and be bitter about it even though I'm in a good relationship myself, could be married already if I wanted it, and don't even want kids! I guess it's just because they seem happy, and even though (very fortunately) my life is full of good things I don't feel happy. It's dumb. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-14 at 8:22 PM, GLASSJAW said:

then it fizzled out and we got into fights and saw our differences and 'broke up' two (maybe three) times.

now i feel like i want to try yet again, but i sincerely can't tell if i actually care about her as a person, or if she cares about me, or if we're just bored and lonely

such a waste of emotions and time. why can't we just be partnered up with suitable people from the start?

yes. i agree.

well, good luck with the relationship, however it pans out.

On 14/03/2017 at 8:22 PM, GLASSJAW said:

What if we are?

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM, AppleJack said:

Is it possible that all you may do is talk about your problems?

It may be at a point where she is done listening. Her answers and exclusion seems to be a sign of " over it ".