The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Incursio said:

I've been feeling kinda down the last week or so; I think I'm just lonely during the days. I'm doing school work via an online course, so I'm home all day while my buddies are at work or school.

Normally I don't mind being single; I'm really not ready for a relationship right now, gotta get my own life figured out first, but winter always seems to get me down. Maybe it's just the longer nights.

Anyway, that's it. Just felt like saying it out loud I suppose.

Maybe it's a little bit of SAD? 

Also, apparently the winter months is what is known as cuffing season.  

I really feel under appreciated at work.  I know I am the whipping boy and my line of work within the company means I am kind of on my own so to speak but I really draw the line at being pressured to work OT.  If I don't want to work then I don't have to, it's the law.  I don't feel like I have to explain why or feel guilty because 'I am letting the team down.'  I work harder in 8 hours then everyone else does in 10 hours.  I know when I break the news to my new boss that the answer is still no he's just going to find ways to fire me or he'll keep adding to my workload in the hopes I quit.  Sucks because in 2 weeks I am on holidays and I don't need work related stress weighing me down when I am on my much needed time off, and I certainly don't think its fair to have to worry if I'll have a job when I get back.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I really feel under appreciated at work.  I know I am the whipping boy and my line of work within the company means I am kind of on my own so to speak but I really draw the line at being pressured to work OT.  If I don't want to work then I don't have to, it's the law.  I don't feel like I have to explain why or feel guilty because 'I am letting the team down.'  I work harder in 8 hours then everyone else does in 10 hours.  I know when I break the news to my new boss that the answer is still no he's just going to find ways to fire me or he'll keep adding to my workload in the hopes I quit.  Sucks because in 2 weeks I am on holidays and I don't need work related stress weighing me down when I am on my much needed time off, and I certainly don't think its fair to have to worry if I'll have a job when I get back.

That's unfortunate.  From what you wrote previously, it doesn't sound like the morale is good.  It's important to have a strong team and a good employee morale.  I've worked at places like that, but I think of work as a money making opportunity, and put what I think aside.  I focus on the positive, and if things happen, then they happen.

Edited by brilac
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Check into something called "constructive Dismissal", it may come in handy in your case.

• Thanks 1

I confess - 

I've found the joy of online shopping!  Why haven't I discovered this before?! Today it was the Gap, Body Shop, and Target.  And better yet, it's all being shipped to my new address.  I can just sit here on the couch with my cat and wallet beside me, and the portable heater blowing at me.

6 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess - 

I've found the joy of online shopping!  Why haven't I discovered this before?! Today it was the Gap, Body Shop, and Target.  And better yet, it's all being shipped to my new address.  I can just sit here on the couch with my cat and wallet beside me, and the portable heater blowing at me.

It is convenient but I wonder if more people are employed if we shop in person or online?

10 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess - 

Sorry for being that guy but you may want to look into where those companies have their products made, their history and what those people's lives are like making those goods.

sorry.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get why some people post status updates on their Fb to specific people when they could've easily just texted or called or told them in person.

For example, one of my friends would post thank you statuses to her husband almost weekly (sometimes multiple times per day, actually) for the most mundane things. They're sweet posts, but does everyone on Fb need to know that he watched the kids while you shopped for groceries? I mean, he's their father, so isn't that, like, what he's supposed to do? 

• Upvote 4

I confess - 

When this thread first came to be in 2014, it made me think of holyness like confessing your sins.  And I confess - just about every Christmas Eve I've been a little too drunk to get in a taxi cab to go to midnight mass, but one year I did go, and the time I went, I sat beside 3 people who came from the bar, and they had more to drink than I did.  

3 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess - 

When this thread first came to be in 2014, it made me think of holyness like confessing your sins.

i was drunk af when i made this thread but in my head thats what this thread was supposed to be, like people would post their sins and i would forgive them XD

it took a life of its own

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is that a confession within a confession? 

Yes I confess women pay to have sex with them. Wow that’s like a weight off my shoulders thanks man... you should be a therapist but not the rapist.

17 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Yes I confess women pay to have sex with them. Wow that’s like a weight off my shoulders thanks man... you should be a therapist but not the rapist.

I don't judge. As long as everyone's safe I don't care what people do. 

On 12/4/2017 at 9:29 PM, Cramarossa said:

Sometimes I wish I hadn't let myself get tied down so young. 

:bigblush: 

Why do you consider yourself tied down? Aren't you single? As long as you are in control of your life and not dragging someone along I would say you are not tied down.  :)

• Like 1
On 12/2/2017 at 3:16 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

i was drunk af when i made this thread but in my head thats what this thread was supposed to be, like people would post their sins and i would forgive them XD

it took a life of its own

just curious... how were you going to give absolution? Sing The Hockey Song 3 times and burn a Leafs jeresy?

I recorded myself doing Street Spirit by Radiohead on Friday.  The guitar sounds exact but my voice was terrible.  Sucks, actually really disheartening, I know I am told old to be a musician but I worked hard last summer on my vocals without really having a way to record myself so when I heard myself sing in tune for the first time I was devastated.  I was getting ready for karaoke but after that it was no surprised I chickened out lol.  Oh well, back to mindless shredding on the six string haha.