The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

He's injured.

Sounds like it's worse than Desjardins first let on.

Corrado and Bieksa both practising today. Not sure if they make tomorrow's opener, but the weekend seems like a real possibility.

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 1h

Players out for morning skate in @RogersArena before departing to Calgary. Frank Corrado & Kevin Bieksa are on the ice. #Canucks

Desjardins: Bieksa will be a game time decision tomorrow. #Canucks

@frankcorrado22 after skating back with the full group this morning: "It's a good step, I'm getting close."

Too bad the Leddy and Boychuck prices were so high.

I've said it a dozen times. We need to sign Derek Morris. Just for insurance purposes. The guy played top 4 minutes last season and didn't even get a PTO this year. Makes no sense.

I've said it a dozen times. We need to sign Derek Morris. Just for insurance purposes. The guy played top 4 minutes last season and didn't even get a PTO this year. Makes no sense.

Yeah, really surprised he is still available and no team has approached him.

Here are some other interesting names (defencemen) that are still out there:

Joni Pitkanen

Ed Jovanovski

Sami Salo

Henrik Tallinder

Cory Sarich

Ryan Whitney

Joe Corvo

Carlo Colaiacovo

Mostly players that are in their mid-late 30's and are no longer in their prime. But could still be a good addition for a top six defenceman if there are injuries on the blueline.

Joni Pitkanen

Ed Jovanovski

Sami Salo

Henrik Tallinder

Cory Sarich

Ryan Whitney

Joe Corvo

Carlo Colaiacovo

Mostly players that are in their mid-late 30's and are no longer in their prime. But could still be a good addition for a top six defenceman if there are injuries on the blueline.

A few of those guys (Jovo, Salo, Tallinder) are injured and I believe Whitney was recently released from a PTO

Joni Pitkanen

Ed Jovanovski

Sami Salo

Henrik Tallinder

Cory Sarich

Ryan Whitney

Joe Corvo

Carlo Colaiacovo

All things being equal, I wouldn't mind having Salo here for some depth. Also, he's always good for some LTIR time!!!

Pitkanen too, last I heard he couldn't even put his foot in a skate yet.

Yeah.

What I find weird about Derek Morris' situation is there hasn't been mention of injury, surgery, retirement, overseas offers, contract talks, or try-outs. That is almost unheard of for a player that plays 19m a game. At least there has been talks about Salo, Whitney, etc. But with him, nothing.

I feel a Sbisa/Stanton - Morris 3rd pairing would be very solid especially in a sheltered role. Silver lining is that as long as none of the above things are mentioned it is still a possibility.

Sigh... I remember 3 years ago thinking "Shea Weber" now I am settling for a Derek Morris.

Haven't seen anything on Twitter and no other announcements about cuts.

Do we assume that Horvat made the opening roster?

Although, on canucks.com for Roster, they list 8 defense with Corrado and no sign of Horvat on forwards.

I guess we'll hear soon!

I wouldn't look too much into that. Nick Jensen is still on the roster page.

Gonna be tough to be competitive with even one defenseman out of the lineup this year. We're really thin back there; hopefully something pops up on waivers.

Facckkkkkkkk, I guess that's why we kept Corrado up...

If Bieksa cannot go for 1 game or so, Corrado will be sent down. IMO Bieksa would have to be serious enough to go on LTIR to keep Corrado in town.

I'm believing Horvat will stay. And play once his own injury heals. Horvat will stay, barring a very interesting waiver pick up or trade is my guess. And even then, Sestito would probably fall on his sword first. All just my opinion.

who is also injured?

DeNiro was speaking of Bieksa being injured.

Joni Pitkanen

Ed Jovanovski

Sami Salo

Henrik Tallinder

Cory Sarich

Ryan Whitney

Joe Corvo

Carlo Colaiacovo

Pitkanen may be a good player to take a chance on. Low risk high reward.

Yeah.

What I find weird about Derek Morris' situation is there hasn't been mention of injury, surgery, retirement, overseas offers, contract talks, or try-outs. That is almost unheard of for a player that plays 19m a game. At least there has been talks about Salo, Whitney, etc. But with him, nothing.

I feel a Sbisa/Stanton - Morris 3rd pairing would be very solid especially in a sheltered role. Silver lining is that as long as none of the above things are mentioned it is still a possibility.

Sigh... I remember 3 years ago thinking "Shea Weber" now I am settling for a Derek Morris.

Just googled his name and looks like he was being scratched regularly back in March. Maybe he was going full edler the last half of the season haha.. Still weird nobody gave him a try out

Archived