The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

Well there it is!

Bo makes the opening night roster if healthy.

Let's see if he can convince the Canuck brass to keep him for the full year.

I guess if Bo is still hurting during the first two games he could conceivably stay up until Nov 1st and play against the Oilers that night until we have to make a final decision. That's one full month with the club, not bad at all and IMO gives him a better chance to make it. That being with our 5 day break after Saturday's game when we don't play until Friday of next week. That could work out to be his debut and an extra 9 days to work with.

My guess on opening night roster is something like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Stanton-Sbisa

Weber

Miller

Lack

Corrado, Shinkaruk, and Jensen as first callups for injuries.

From practice it sounds like it will be:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Burrows

Richardson Vey Kassian

Dorsett Matthias Hansen

Hamhuis Sbisa

Edler Tanev

Stanton Weber

Miller

Well Donald I am open for accepting your apologies for calling me and many others amateur analysts and saying it would be 5 years before Bo made the team.

Who the shoe fit wear it.

Horvat may be in the opening roster, but he still has to prove he can play with the big boys.

Guest Dasein

Gonna be tough to be competitive with even one defenseman out of the lineup this year. We're really thin back there; hopefully something pops up on waivers.

Since it looks like we're giving Bo a look for at least a few games in the regular season, that means we'd have to put our 14th forward on waivers to pick up and carry an 8th defenseman.

I would be okay with waiving Sestito if we end up picking up a solid depth veteran defenseman or a young stud like Stanton. Then if Horvat doesn't work out, Jensen can be called up if we want him in the top 9 or a guy like Archibald if we just want a 13th forward in the press box.

Archived