The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks Training Camp Thread ***Updated Daily***

-Vintage Canuck-

Surprised anyone believed Benning that he would make room if the kids played good enough. GMs lie, Benning is no different. Jensen showed he belongs, should be on the team, Shinkaruk did too. Not that the AHL will hurt Shinkaruk, but I don't see how sending Jensen there again helps him in any way.

While I don't agree with the cut, Jensen is yet to play consistently in either league.

He still has a lot he can learn at the AHL level.

I think he is set and primed to go down and show he is the best one out there. Score a bunch of goals. Consistently. Then come up and do the same.

Let's be honest. We have a but load of plugs on our team. He will outshine atleast one of them this season.

While I don't agree with the cut, Jensen is yet to play consistently in either league.

He still has a lot he can learn at the AHL level.

I think he is set and primed to go down and show he is the best one out there. Score a bunch of goals. Consistently. Then come up and do the same.

Let's be honest. We have a but load of plugs on our team. He will outshine atleast one of them this season.

I don't actually see any "plugs" on the roster besides Top Sixtito...

Dorsett is a very serviceable 4th line RW, where Matthias has looked pretty great at center

Honestly I think both hunter and jensen have out performed bo do far.

But both those guys are eligible for Utica so it makes more sense to let them play there for a while until bo does his 9 game audition.

We'll definitely see more of hunter and jensen as the year goes on. Frankie will most likely be sent down as well since there is no point in waiving Weber.

My bet is by seasons end Jensen will have more of an impact than bo. Which makes sense because he's older and more mature.

ROFL. So much for making room for rookies.

The stated direction was to get younger and make room for rookies if it made sense for them to be in the lineup.

As it sits right now, Vey (Rookie) and Horvat (Rookie) are both likely on this team.

Jensen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Corrado will be the go to guys for injury replacements, which gives them a nice, easy way to adapt to the NHL and ease into full play.

This team is younger and faster than last years group.

I'd say they have accomplished what they set out to do!

Now, we'll see how they respond. If its not positive, I can guarantee that Linden and Benning won't be overly patient when it comes to making more moves.

Jensen... really? We just made room for Sestito. Who has been consistently the worst player on the ice in every preseason game he's played. Yeah, really improved the team with this move......

do you want jensen to get 6, maybe 7 mins a game, or 18-20 mins a game on a top scoring line?

Jensen... really? We just made room for Sestito. Who has been consistently the worst player on the ice in every preseason game he's played. Yeah, really improved the team with this move......

C'mon now. Sestito and Jensen fill two completely different spots on a roster. I would much rather the organization keep Sestito up as a 13th forward than let Jensen waste in the press box. He's better suited getting big minutes with the Utica organization than possibly being a scratch here.

ROFL. So much for making room for rookies.

Jensen played okay in the pre-season, but he did nothing to force the organizations hand to keep him on the roster for the season opener. The luxury with Jensen is that if he rips it up with Utica, and we're struggling, he can be brought up. I wouldn't say that anything about his pre-season performance earned him a spot over any of the veterans.

That being said, Vey is on the roster and we don't know if Horvat will stay up yet. That's two real young players.

Guest Dasein

Well there it is!

Bo makes the opening night roster if healthy.

Let's see if he can convince the Canuck brass to keep him for the full year.

Botched plays captain obvious again... Hey buddy, we get our news before you do, stop posting to your twitter account immediately

because he's only posting to twitter for nucks fans on CDC who are up to date on all their information....

More of the same with the "same ol' same ol'" I guess.... we'll see what happens when scoring drys up.

No it isn't. New coaching staff, that isn't going to bust the *alls of the top six forwards, and the top four D. No more emphasis on blocking shots first, D first, and dump and chase first. If everyone stays relatively healthy this team is far better than same ol, same ol.

My guess on opening night roster is something like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Stanton-Sbisa

Weber

Miller

Lack

Corrado, Shinkaruk, and Jensen as first callups for injuries.

My guess on opening night roster is something like this.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Horvat-Vey

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Stanton-Sbisa

Weber

Miller

Lack

Corrado, Shinkaruk, and Jensen as first callups for injuries.

Where does Hansen fall into that line-up?

Archived