The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's our biggest strength/weakness?

Gretzky to Lemieux

Strengths- Sedins, solid bottom 9...

I dunnos- Defensive depth, Miller

Weaknesses- No genuine second line. Spoiled, over-privledged, entitled, quiet, whiney little pukes can't even cheer louder than I fart are the majority of "fans" at Rogers. Turn it up, quit being such a bunch of pansies. This isn't Florida.

Strengths: goaltending depth might be the best in the league, our top 5 D are probably top 10 in the league, our 1st line is solid, our winger depth is actually pretty good.

Weaknesses: after our top 5 D it drops off quick, our center depth while good is vanilla, with Bonino, Vey Matthias & Richardson we have 4 centers who are unable to provide either a consistent offensive threat or play a solid shutdown role.

Strengths: goaltending depth might be the best in the league, our top 5 D are probably top 10 in the league, our 1st line is solid, our winger depth is actually pretty good.

Weaknesses: after our top 5 D it drops off quick, our center depth while good is vanilla, with Bonino, Vey Matthias & Richardson we have 4 centers who are unable to provide either a consistent offensive threat or play a solid shutdown role.

Richardson can play a consistent shutdown role just not with the line mates he has. I think he could do with Higgins and Hansen on his wings.

This is why you can't really come up with strengths and weaknesses this early in a season.

Last night: Solid goaltending and defense. Scoring spread around....

Previous game: all around disaster.

I think some of the Dallas goals were a bit un/fortunate though. We played well in spells in that game.

Weakness = Richardson not an effective third liner has a negative effect on his line seem to have lost his faceoff prowess he had last yr. Burrows lost a step is too slow for the second line not fast enough to create turnovers maybe some 4th line time till he is up to snuff. Higgins is a decent second liner and a super third liner put him with Vey and Hanson. Sbisa looks lost on goals against makes too many mistakes no confidence in his game at the moment. Kassian needs the coach to show him some love give him some prime time minutes with some good players I think him and Matthias can help in the top 6 forwards. Hammy is injured so he gets a pass his hitting is down because of the injury. The D zone coverage is horrible we get running around a lot they seem lost at times and of course we need to win more draws and out hit the other team.

Strengths = Our goalies our first line our power play when the refs decide to call the oppositions infractions the penalty kill is good.

Markstrom just netted his third straight shutout. He has GA: 0.25 Save%: 0.991 in 4 wins. I think our G depth is pretty solid with Demko steeping in college and Markstrom / Erikkson tearing it up in the AHL. Thought I would throw that info into this chat. Hope our D can get their game back. If not we may need to outsource for a D man.

Archived