The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Washington Capitals vs. Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 26, 2014 | 6:30 PM PT | SNET-VAN

-Vintage Canuck-

No better night than tonight to stop taking penalties. Washingtons powerplay would kill us. I really hope our defense cleans up their game, can't let there skilled guys get to many opportunities because they will make us pay. The rested Canucks should be able to take advantage of a tired Capitals team on the end of their western Canada roadtrip. I'm expecting this to be a high scoring game. At least were at home with last change so Willie can do his best to shelter Sbisa and Weber away from Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Considering last game which was the worst game of year,(even though Dallas also blew us out, I thought they played much better in that one than they did against Colorado) I think the Canucks will put in a much better effort and will find a way to win this one. Should be an exciting game.

looks like I'm going to the game tonight

Sorry if this sounds stupid but does anybody know if there's a legitimate reason as to why Kassian is still on the 3rd line?

Lol, no reason at all. He's been playing so great it's a sham he's not on the first line much less the second. Did you see the way he controlled the game evrey time he was on the ice last game, I beat my head on the wall at night crying wondering why a guy that works so hard and does everything right can't get the shot he so rightfully deserves.

If the coaching continues like this much longer I'm not sure I can continue to be a fan of the team.... I mean burrows is on the second line and what has he done lately? They brought in a new player to play with the twins this year as well, what are they blind.... Why why why, we already have a beast to play with the sisters!!!!

Edit; sorry, couldn't help it.... I can be kind of a ass at times.

Lol, no reason at all. He's been playing so great it's a sham he's not on the first line much less the second. Did you see the way he controlled the game evrey time he was on the ice last game, I beat my head on the wall at night crying wondering why a guy that works so hard and does everything right can't get the shot he so rightfully deserves.

If the coaching continues like this much longer I'm not sure I can continue to be a fan of the team.... I mean burrows is on the second line and what has he done lately? They brought in a new player to play with the twins this year as well, what are they blind.... Why why why, we already have a beast to play with the sisters!!!!

Edit; sorry, couldn't help it.... I can be kind of a ass at times.

Sigh... It disgusts me that people still call the Sedins the "sisters." You still hear it, especially last year when they weren't getting as many points. These two guys are the heart and soul of this team, and the top two points leaders in Canucks history. They are great in the community, donating countless time and effort as well as a good chunk of change to important causes in the lower mainland.

Also this "sisters" thing seems a little old. I don't know if you watched women's hockey during the olympics, but it was much more entertaining than any of the men's games.

I'm not saying you can't argue they've lost a step, you may not think they are world class players anymore. But you can't deny what they have done for this organization on the ice. Two of the top 4 players this franchise has ever had. And right now they are near the top of the league in points.

I think it is great when fans are critical and let the team know when their play isn't good enough. But to make personal attacks on these people (not just the Sedins, but any players) is wrong and in very bad taste. I know your criticism wasn't directly at the Sedins, but seeing "sisters" annoyed me so you'll have to pardon my long rant.

“I didn’t expect Stanton to be back out for practice today - that’s a good sign.” - Desjardins

"We have to find a way to play hard and not take them (penalties)." - Desjardins

"I can tell you I didn't have a good sleep that night. -5 is a record low for me. There are no excuses." - Sbisa

Doesn't sound like Stanton will play tonight. So, same lineups as Friday, but Miller gets the start tonight.

Sbisa atleast has the right attitude.

Sigh... It disgusts me that people still call the Sedins the "sisters." You still hear it, especially last year when they weren't getting as many points. These two guys are the heart and soul of this team, and the top two points leaders in Canucks history. They are great in the community, donating countless time and effort as well as a good chunk of change to important causes in the lower mainland.

Also this "sisters" thing seems a little old. I don't know if you watched women's hockey during the olympics, but it was much more entertaining than any of the men's games.

I'm not saying you can't argue they've lost a step, you may not think they are world class players anymore. But you can't deny what they have done for this organization on the ice. Two of the top 4 players this franchise has ever had. And right now they are near the top of the league in points.

I think it is great when fans are critical and let the team know when their play isn't good enough. But to make personal attacks on these people (not just the Sedins, but any players) is wrong and in very bad taste. I know your criticism wasn't directly at the Sedins, but seeing "sisters" annoyed me so you'll have to pardon my long rant.

I 100% agree with you, my post was a joke (but a bad one at that). I think the twins are far from sisters. Sorry.

looks like I'm going to the game tonight

Sorry if this sounds stupid but does anybody know if there's a legitimate reason as to why Kassian is still on the 3rd line?

Kassian plays mistake free hockey for the most part. And is good with the puck when he gets it with the skills for 2knd line. Thats the good.

He needs to go in to corners, puck battles and the fore check a lot harder. A lot more often anyway. When he does that he'll earn the Top 6 bump...

prolly because hansen and dorsett actually have some chemistry going on the forecheck

and as inconsistent as kass has been they want to leave the 4th line as is for now

Hansen and Dorsett have been playing on the 4th line.

Lost a step compared to 2010 sure.

I don't know if you have noticed; the Twins / Vrbata is actually playing pretty damn good this year?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLSASAll&sort=points&viewName=summary

I see what you're trying to do there B-berries...the humor in your thought of dressing the slowest guy on the Canucks roster cracks me up. What's even funnier is your call that Sestito is going to displace Vrbata off of the Sedins' line. Yup, a slow guy who is probably not in game shape is going to make a huge impact. Sure to happen in bizarro world, but not the NHL.

My call on tonight's game...4-3 Canucks. A well rested Canucks team playing a tired Capitals team playing the third game of their Western Canada swing.

I guess you dont have a good grasp of sarcasm. But in all honestly Matthias has been pretty bad and hopefully he doesnt hurt this team more until our saviour Horvat comes back.

Sbisa at least has the right attitude.

Sbisa leads all Canucks defenders in hits (11) and is two blocked shots (11) behind team leader Hamhuis (13).

There are five other Canucks on the starting roster with the same or worse +/- statistic.

There are eight other Canucks on the starting roster with the same or more penalty minutes.

Luca is logging more minutes than all but seven Canucks on the starting roster.

Given his penchant for hitting the opponents and blocking shots there are a few notable Canucks favaourites that do little of either.

Sbisa leads all Canucks defenders in hits (11) and is two blocked shots (11) behind team leader Hamhuis (13).

There are five other Canucks on the starting roster with the same or worse +/- statistic.

There are eight other Canucks on the starting roster with the same or more penalty minutes.

Luca is logging more minutes than all but seven Canucks on the starting roster.

Given his penchant for hitting the opponents and blocking shots there are a few notable Canucks favaourites that do little of either.

He makes our defense a lot less soft. He`s the type of guy we need in the playoffs.

Archived