The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

I thought Deadpool was technically in the XMen universe (rights wise) and thus can't link up with Avengers/Guardians people....

I am pretty excited about Deadpool though, it looks awesome. I'm really glad they chose to make it rated R, I don't think the charm of Deadpool shines through otherwise.

You are correct.

Deadpoll movie rights are with Sony. There will be no crossover with the Avengers.

You probably will see a crossover with the X-men and fantastic four at one point though.

• 9 months later...

Loved Spider-Man and Black Panther. Needed more Antman though.

Although, I felt different after watching the movie. I guess since it didn't focus on one major villian that was defeated in a major battle, but more so the conflict between Cap and Stark.

Airport scene was fantastic though.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched X men: Apocalypse and CA: Civil war back to back in theaters and I enjoyed x men movie better they were both good movies but x men was the better movie for sure even though i did not think it was better than x men days of future past.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched X Men

Decent movie

But for fans of the actual comic book series and those who understand the role of Quiksilver and Scarlet Witch....man oh man did they mess up that story line

Wtf FOX seriously.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

GOTG2 was okay. Seemed to be trying to copy some of GOTG's beats a bit too on the nose.

Spider-Man seems like it'll be a tale of two movies. The Peter Parker high school slice of life (which Sony has previously completely avoided) and the Spider-Man/Iron Man following up of Spider-Man now being in this universe. Interesting to see how they balance that.

On 12/8/2016 at 0:26 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

5 Spider-Man movies and it looks like they finally got it right?

Spiderman 2 is regarded as one of the best superhero movies of all time. The reviews so far say the new one is good, but not quite as good as that one.

Edited by taxi

On 12/8/2016 at 0:12 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

Doctor Strange was adequate. Didn't hate Cumberbatch's accent as much as I thought I would.

Full Spiderman trailer on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow night!

it looking good and it seems as if there following the Miles Morales spider man story more than the Peter Parker, which I'm not going to like cause as a comic collector therefore I always love the originals but there going to need to switch it around eventually cause people are going to be tired of the same origin story eventually. vulture looks epic, whoever is playing spider man seems like the perfect fit and it seems like spidey's new friend is going to be the comedian in the movieI

Edited by J-23

On 2017-6-25 at 8:41 PM, taxi said:

Spiderman 2 is regarded as one of the best superhero movies of all time. The reviews so far say the new one is good, but not quite as good as that one.

I feel like it's a far superior movie to all the Disney/Marvel ones that have come out in general. 

I'll likely end up watching this new one, but you know exactly what you're going to get. At least you're not going to get Amazing Spiderman 2, but on the flipside, there's no chance it will be half as interesting as that first Spiderman 2.

These movies are starting to offend me with their lack of offensiveness. They're like the tofu of Cinema.

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

I feel like it's a far superior movie to all the Disney/Marvel ones that have come out in general. 

I'll likely end up watching this new one, but you know exactly what you're going to get. At least you're not going to get Amazing Spiderman 2, but on the flipside, there's no chance it will be half as interesting as that first Spiderman 2.

These movies are starting to offend me with their lack of offensiveness. They're like the tofu of Cinema.

I agree. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has become very formulaic and "safe". Every move has similar storylines and quips even. The quips are starting to get really cheesy and tired. 

I thought Logan (Not Marvel) was a good departure from the formula. I'm actually, despite my better judgment, getting a little excited for Justice League. Wonder Woman was great. Wheeden has been brought in to clean up Justice League, and hopefully make it coherent, unlike BvS.

But yeah, Spiderman 2, was just a great movie and had a very unique feel to it. You knew Sam Rami was involved and it worked. It's too bad Spiderman 3, which was a huge disaster, exists, as it tarnishes the series as a whole. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 10:47 PM, J-23 said:

it looking good and it seems as if there following the Miles Morales spider man story more than the Peter Parker, which I'm not going to like cause as a comic collector therefore I always love the originals but there going to need to switch it around eventually cause people are going to be tired of the same origin story eventually. vulture looks epic, whoever is playing spider man seems like the perfect fit and it seems like spidey's new friend is going to be the comedian in the movieI

http://forum.canucks.com/profile/128235-j-23/?status=182170&type=status

Would you say it exceeded your expectation from the trailers?

• Upvote 1

Including the abortion of a Spiderman flick in the 90's from James Cameron that never really made it.  7 total movies 4 total spiderman portrayals and this one seemed like unquestionably the best fit

Unsure I liked some of the liberties taken with the suit etc but all in all awesome and an 8/10

Also points for a Batman/Spiderman/Birdman crossover with the main villain

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Including the abortion of a Spiderman flick in the 90's from James Cameron that never really made it.  7 total movies 4 total spiderman portrayals and this one seemed like unquestionably the best fit

Unsure I liked some of the liberties taken with the suit etc but all in all awesome and an 8/10

Also points for a Batman/Spiderman/Birdman crossover with the main villain

The Vulture is a cool villain, one of the earliest Spidey villains. He's older than Doctor Octopus, and Green Goblin by a few issues. 

I was hoping to enjoy the new Spidey flick more than I did. It felt like an Iron Man movie. Not because Iron Man was in it so much, but because of Spiderman's Iron man suit. 

Edited by Slegr