The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Predators @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Sbisa was horendous :(

a 24 year old d man, he's young he makes mistakes just like the vets (hamhuis) picking a new scape goat because edler's playing better this year just plain lame.

i've seen lots of these threads and comments about sbisa and i would take him over garrison everyday of the week.

maybe you missed that huge hit or alot of the other good things he does and just focus on the negatives which is typical in vancouver.

vancouvers d has looked good in the last 5 games, it's the overall speed of the d that usually gets them in trouble and it's not just one guy.lack played good the entire team played good but nashville played better and got the bounces.

nashville was fresher they looked it and they played it they deserved the win. van only had 3 shots in the second

a 24 year old d man, he's young he makes mistakes just like the vets (hamhuis) picking a new scape goat because edler's playing better this year just plain lame.

i've seen lots of these threads and comments about sbisa and i would take him over garrison everyday of the week.

maybe you missed that huge hit or alot of the other good things he does and just focus on the negatives which is typical in vancouver.

vancouvers d has looked good in the last 5 games, it's the overall speed of the d that usually gets them in trouble and it's not just one guy.lack played good the entire team played good but nashville played better and got the bounces.

nashville was fresher they looked it and they played it they deserved the win. van only had 3 shots in the second

no one can take a loss on these boards. Its either the refs fault or a certain player. In this case its reffing and sbisa. I thought he was good for the most part. Win as a team lose as a team. Dont forget that bieksa was missing and out more pressure on sbisa. Also i agree with what you said taking sbisa over garrison all day any day.

Here's a fact on the second game of a back to back game the chances of a win are not good. There's a 60% that the rested team wins and that does not take into account if travel is involved. The NHL knows this, the owners know this, the manager know this, the coaches know this and last but not least the players know this. The folks that suffer who like lambs to the slaughter pay their money and believe that it's a fair match up.....it's not :lol:

Right on!

For all the rough edges in Sbisa's game this sequence below is a prime example of why he's an excellent asset/pick up by JB.

Makes a GREAT hit, takes the other teams best player off the ice and gets us a PP. Beautiful ::D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfY0pR02a8

The Magician, on 02 Nov 2014 - 9:13 PM, said:snapback.png

Was Eddie Lack-tating distracted on the last goal? Can we trade him for a conditional 7th in 2025 where it turns into draft pick if he wins 1 game between now and then?

I nominate this clown^^^^^^ for village idiot of PGT...do I have a seconder?

sure-seconded. There's a lot of competition for the honour, but I hate to see a motion die for lack of a seconder.

The word "troll" is thrown around too often on this forum, but one has to wonder about posts like this.

Instead of giving any examples of mistakes, or what you don't like about his play, you simply give a three word conclusion without saying anything in support of it.

Are you just making a silly statement as a lark (what seems to me to be the real meaning of "troll") or do you have some reason for thinking Sbisa was actually horrendous?

fwiw, I thought Sbisa was ok. I didn't see any terrible mistakes (though the boxscore shows 1 giveaway) and his puck movement seemed fine to me. He drew the penalties on Weber that resulted in Weber's goal and blocked a couple of shots.

The Magician, on 02 Nov 2014 - 9:13 PM, said:snapback.png

sure-seconded. There's a lot of competition for the honour, but I hate to see a motion die for lack of a seconder.

Zero chance that would die if i had seen it. Blaming goalies when you dont even watch the game is so overdone on cdc it is not even funny. People need to learn to understand the game imo.

We're 8 and 1 in non back to back games...

8-4 in the season.

Can't say I'm not happy with this. Last night was tough. It's a back to back game and you lose a guy like Kevin and then Tito it completely jumbles your lines.

Rinne was amazing and lack was fine but outclassed by rinne.

Regardless, great teams find ways to win back to backs and we better find a way because arguably our biggest game of the season so far is this Sunday and it's a back to back vs the ducks.

Really hoping bieksa is OK... We need him for this road trip.

I can't believe how many posters have tried to hang this loss on Eddie Lack. Thankfully, several people have chimed in with opposing views. Last night, the rate the players vote had over 50% rating Lack a 1/5 for the night. That numbers dropped down to something in the thirties now but there were still 19 people who felt Lack deserved the worst possible rating.

It's really hard to understand how so many people can get things so very wrong.

Lack played great and was about the only reason we hung around with a chance to win this game when it was tied 1-1.

And while the third goal is one he'd probably like back, I don't really feel like you can blame him for any of the three goals against. Certainly not the Hamhuis own goal. Nor the one where Edler got walked, Lack made the initial stop, and the puck had to slide between two Canucks' skates to end up an easy goal (with Lack also screened). And while you'd generally expect a goalie to save the third one, given the angle and location, this was another case of Lack being screened (by Hamhuis--who had a rough night). Lack was hugging the post and in good position but he seemed to try to look around the screen right when the puck was shot, which created a small opening and somehow the puck had eyes and found its way through a tiny gap before Eddie could get reset (and I don't believe he even saw the shot through Hamhuis until it was in the net).

To my eyes, Lack was tagged with three goals against due to an own goal, piss poor defensive play, screens by his own D, and a fluky goal courtesy of the hockey gods. Give him the benefit of the team that's played infront of Miller most games and Lack likely earns his first shutout of the season.

I just hope he can stay strong mentally and not start second-guessing himself there's really nothing wrong with the way he's playing.

Archived