The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Predators @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I think a eyewear thing like they use in handball that covers around the orbital bone might help to keep pucks and butt ends like what Beks took, without blocking vision like a visor.anything to protect the eye if your not going to use a visor per se.

Sestito pulled a groin looked like, not game ready.too bad he was hitting well.

back to back is tough sledding with a team resting/scouting you

Hard to be game ready for a back to back when you're sitting in the press box. I know he doesn't play many minutes, but maybe lpaying him back to back to "start" his season was a bad call.

That great save on Higgins was the turning point of the game IMO. Canucks were buzzing up until that lucky goal by Forsberg. Sucked the momentum out of the team.

Yea, I kind of had the feeling that if we didn't get that elusive second goal early, it wasn't gonna happen.

Rinne is the type of goalie that just gets better and better as the game goes on.

And if you let Nashville get up by a goal, it's pretty much game over. They'll trap and trap until the final buzzer.

That great save on Higgins was the turning point of the game IMO. Canucks were buzzing up until that lucky goal by Forsberg. Sucked the momentum out of the team.

I think the turning point was the blown call on covering the puck with your hand in the face off, then subsequently Nashville scoring.

Nashville is very good at avoiding the dumb plays. I thought the Canucks had to go into the third with a lead because of the back to back and unfortunately they couldn't. Very slow pace, a combination of the Preds style and I think the injuries/back to back took a toll. Rough game to watch in person.

Was really disappointed with Hamhuis, seems to be a turnover machine right now. Hopefully he can get it turned around quickly. I thought Lack made a few really nice saves, however like he said, he seems to find ways to lose right now and it stinks for him. I think they should switch it up for the next time they have a back to back, and put Lack in first and Miller in second. Might give them a better chance at taking both games.

Nashville is very good at avoiding the dumb plays. I thought the Canucks had to go into the third with a lead because of the back to back and unfortunately they couldn't. Very slow pace, a combination of the Preds style and I think the injuries/back to back took a toll. Rough game to watch in person.

Was really disappointed with Hamhuis, seems to be a turnover machine right now. Hopefully he can get it turned around quickly. I thought Lack made a few really nice saves, however like he said, he seems to find ways to lose right now and it stinks for him. I think they should switch it up for the next time they have a back to back, and put Lack in first and Miller in second. Might give them a better chance at taking both games.

He had a bad game. I wouldn't read too much into it, Hamhuis is pretty reliable usually.

The thing about injuries is that they happen and they happen to every team eventually.

Stanton is pretty solid physically and defensively so he should a fine replacement for Juice who is a warrior and will be back as soon as he's able. Horvat is a solid body himself and can play a responsible game even if he is untested. We are only without Burr for another game and, unlike coming back from an injury, he should show little rust.

Canuck fans should realize that we have better options and depth on the farm than we've had in decades, and we have call-ups in different molds depending on what the coaching staff feels we need. Sniper? Jensen. Checker? Gaunce. Banger? Archie. Veteran? O'Reilly. On D we can recall Corrado or a more veteran puck mover like Sanguinetti. Stay at home? Andersson.

I'm not worried about this road trip or the rest of the season. We have some horses and the coach has barely shuffled the lines yet.

Worst game by Hamhuis probably since he became a Canuck... Feel bad for the guy, didn't deserve it. But that's kinda how his season has gone so far... Sedins need to be better, and Vrbata.... Also awful, awful game by the second line. Third line looked fantastic out there though. I figured we'd lose after Nashville got the fluke goal... it was one of those nights. Credits to both goalies. Both played great hockey.

Boy do we ever have a tough stretch coming up... the guys need to stiffen up a little and get through these next four games like soldiers. For me this is the real test for this club.

Tonights game had some shades of last years team play. It was boring and painful to watch. I think the main reason for this is because of the fatigue effect from yesterdays game and they seemed exhausted, passes weren't connecting and injures seemed to have cost the Canucks. I remember last year when Juice got injured the team had a pretty bad record without him in the lineup so I hope he's back pretty soon.

Oh and if I could I'd have this offense lineup for the road trip :P

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Jensen

Richardson-Horvat-Kassian

Matthias-Vey-Dorsett

Scratched: Hansen, Sestito

Archived