The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Was at the game, awesome to see Bo score his first goal in-person! No doubts there will be more to come!

Also can someone tell me why Burrows was a scratch?

God I hope we don't treat Luongo like this when the Panthers come here Jan 8th .

Totally different situation compared to Kesler's. Fan's will definitely cheer for Luo.

Why would the Canucks boo Luongo? Apples and Oranges. Nothing at all like the Kesler situation.

Why were people even booing Kesler? Vancouver fans seem so pathetically fickle sometimes. No the Kesler situation didn't end on a fairytale note, but he needed a change and the Canucks team needed change overall so it was best for both sides. Sure the media blew things out of proportion with him asking for a trade, what else is new.

The guy gave a huge portion of the best years of his life playing for the Canucks, and he worked tirelessly from being a mediocre 3rd liner to a bonified top 6 Selke winner. He played his heart out for this team for years, and the fans are sitting there booing him like he's Iginla that time he didn't choose Boston. Wow. Congratulations on having the attention span of gnats.

Anyway, how confident does Horvat look in interviews? It's pretty amusing how much he copies his teammates' mannerisms and cliche responses to the media, but it just shows how he's soaking that up like a sponge. I can't wait until he's experienced enough to let some of his personality shine through more. This guy seems to yell leadership even as a green 19 year old scoring his first goal. I have high hopes for him.

I'm happy with this game. Back to back against a well rested Ducks squad and we managed to get a point. Shut Kesler down, Horvat with his first NHL goal, he made great defensive plays and winning a lot of faceoffs(won atleast two against Kesler). That 3rd period was god awful though. First 3 minutes of OT was worse and Daniel almost scored. On to the next one.

Yes, we should just cheer for Kesler. We should all be so grateful that he graced us with his efforts all these years. Who cares if he demanded a trade because he thought the team sucked.

Screw Kesler. Love the booing.

Do what? Switch teams in the NHL? Nobody ever does that unless they're a traitor. Man, you people are amusing.

It's not simply a matter of "switching teams". It's demanding a trade at the first sign of trouble and limiting the team to only two trading partners. Both of which are Canucks rivals.

That being said I've moved on. Bonino is a great player.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with demanding a trade and handcuffing us with his demands...

Oh I'd love to see a citation proving that one. "oh no, we might be stuck with Ryan Kesler on our team, I hope he doesn't throw next season (inexplicably destroying his trade value) by not wanting to be here"

..and just gonna slip this (forgot to say before), man the Twins gotta finish more!!! Could've had this game in the bag and in general, need more movement and shooting in general. Too much passing and standing around.

I can't be too upset at the twins for this one. Daniel clinched the last couple for us in OT, he can't get them all.

Oh I'd love to see a citation proving that one. "oh no, we might be stuck with Ryan Kesler on our team, I hope he doesn't throw next season (inexplicably destroying his trade value) by not wanting to be here"

Yeah, because having a player on the team who doesn't want to be there is just sterling for locker room moral!

Yeah, I agree with the Kesler and Luongo situation.

Kesler had a lot to do with his departure, and his attitude stunk. He ditched the team because of one bad year, and demanded to be traded. Classless way to leave. He owes us no respect, but we don't owe him any either.

Luongo had no control over his departure. It was abrupt and we didn't get a chance to really say goodbye. He was always classy and had a team first attitude. He actually deserves some respect from the fans.

It's funny though how people hate Kesler and call him a diver and a cheapshotter - Perry is just as bad. Dude is as dirty as they come.........but he's a hard nosed Canadian kid, not a villainous American.

Archived