The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Where are all the naysayers who said we wouldn't stand a chance against a healthy Ducks team ? We did so on another back to back , with only 5 d and missing a top 6 d ! Don't think we are the powerhouse some may but by this point I would say we have a decent team !

Any chance we get the Ducks on a night they've played the previous one?

My guess is no.

I remember when we beat the Quacks in shootout when they were missing Perry and Beauchemin, Duckling fans were saying how we could barely beat them and it took us the shootout and that we would be an easy 1st round opponent. Well.... now they barely beat us without our top D and Burrows playing out backup on a back 2 back. These Ducks arnt going anywhere in the playoffs.

Looked like we were a team on the back end of a back-to-back while the Ducks looked a well rested team waiting on the Canucks to return from Edmonton in the third period.

All things considered, this was a point well earned, though you hate to give up the lead.

Thought there were a lot of positives to take away tonight -- the play of fourth line and Bo's first NHL goal; play of Vey on the second line (he seemed to play with a lot more purpose to his game); penalty killing was great; thought Richardson's line played well and kept the Ducks more honest than they were the last time we played them; and thought Eddie was pretty steady after the first goal.

Props to Horvat for his first NHL goal.

Or maybe he had more faith in Lack then the shooters to give the team a spark after how OT went

Sorry this makes no sense. Choosing to go second in the shootout is as bad as not pulling your goalie on a delayed penalty. It just makes no sense. You gotta play the percentages.

:picard:

Brilliant response. Take a bow.

Good game overall, but that shootout pissed me off

I remember when we beat the Quacks in shootout when they were missing Perry and Beauchemin, Duckling fans were saying how we could barely beat them and it took us the shootout and that we would be an easy 1st round opponent. Well.... now they barely beat us without our top D and Burrows playing out backup on a back 2 back. These Ducks arnt going anywhere in the playoffs.

Yup, Canucks took them to school in the second but let up in the third. They've matched up pretty well with Anaheim up until the past couple years. Debbies and Wendys pretty quiet so far tonight...

Would have been nice to get the win but at least they got a point and Kesler was a non-factor.

My goodness was Kassian pathetic. I felt bad for Matthias, who was flying around out there, having to play with him.

Yea Kassian was floating tonight. Had that one assist which makes him look better than he was

Archived