The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

WD bush league move in the shootout decides to shoot second. You gotta play the percentages in those situations especially when 70% of the time the team that shoots first wins. No reason to go second.

I don't know if it's the team that shoots first that wins 70% of the time or if it's the team that scores first that wins 70% of the time.

Not understanding why Kesler is upset that he was booed. I mean, he demanded a trade out of Vancouver, quit on the fans, his teammates, etc. He is "hurt" that he was booed?

We are supposed to thank him for 11 years of "heart and soul" hockey - does he not forget the way the City propped him up on a pedestal and gave him god-like status? What about all the kids out there that bought his #17 jerseys and defended him when the rest of the league hated him.

Not saying he owes anything to the fans, but we certainly don't owe him anything either.

Holy cow, now that was an awesome game. Electrifying at the Rog today...it was unusually cool for a change lol.

...boys had so much heart to today, just kept on grinding all the way. To see Bo score his 1st NHL goal was just awesome...he couldn't wipe that smile off his face for a few minutes, just an awesome moment. Hansen blasted one too, and Vrbata in close too easy. Kesler vid was short and nice. Very idiotic on fans that booed him imho...Kes poured his heart out when he was here and they make him seem like he was Messier or something. Sure it was nice to beat him, but don't give him the image of a villain. So disrespectful, ticked me off..

Hope Hammer is okay. Looked pretty bad...first assumption was a groin injury since he just collapsed and wasn't hit or anything. Oh, and Bo seemed to win every faceoff today. 1 or 2 he lost but other than that, seemed like he won em all. Props to Edler, logged a ton of minutes with Hammer down. Bieksa played 100x better than what he's been like lately. And man, Matthias...what a player!

Not understanding why Kesler is upset that he was booed. I mean, he demanded a trade out of Vancouver, quit on the fans, his teammates, etc. He is "hurt" that he was booed?

We are supposed to thank him for 11 years of "heart and soul" hockey - does he not forget the way the City propped him up on a pedestal and gave him god-like status? What about all the kids out there that bought his #17 jerseys and defended him when the rest of the league hated him.

Not saying he owes anything to the fans, but we certainly don't owe him anything either.

Let it go already.

God I hope we don't treat Luongo like this when the Panthers come here Jan 8th .

Sorry this makes no sense. Choosing to go second in the shootout is as bad as not pulling your goalie on a delayed penalty. It just makes no sense. You gotta play the percentages.

Brilliant response. Take a bow.

Good game overall, but that shootout pissed me off

I don't know why you care so much. It's as if you're sure they would have won the shootout if they shot first. That was a footnote in the game.

Glad to see Horvat's first, and it's hard to believe that kid is only 19 years old with the way he conducts himself on the ice and in the interviews. Man, me at 19 would have had half his poise. Good game overall, sucked not to get the second point but I'll take it after the way the game started. Lack was OK.

Liked Edler's game (wow, after bashing him so much last season it feels good to say that). Sedin line was good. I actually think we deserved to win that game to be honest, if not for OT where we admittedly got owned (understandable given the back-to-backs vs. rested team).

Archived