The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - BOS

I would do it if Kassian wasn't involved, just not ready to give up on him. They can take out Smith and we'll take out Zack, and I think we can come out with a steal.

Eriksson for Higgins, Weber (similar point production by Higgins and Loui, plus they save $$$)
Krug for Jensen, 2nd

Not sure if that's fair but that's my $0.02

To BOS: C. Higgins, Z. Kassian, N. Jensen, Y. Weber + 2nd

To VAN: L. Eriksson, R. Smith & T. Krug

I do not think we need to pay that much.

Eriksson > Higgins. But not by that much considering we could have the leverage of knowing Boston needs to clear the cap space. And Eriksson is not thriving in their system. So Eriksson is higher value still, but not by that much.

I also would skip Krug and go for Morrow. Too one dimensional. Might also bring the price down.

Kassian > Morrow. Again not by much. They both would probably be seen to have a similar upside considering their profile and respective positions. Some would argue Zack is underperforming. But even then, he is already fully established in the NHL. Which Morrow is not. Kassian is still a bit higher value than Morrow.

Eriksson and Morrow for Kassian and Higgins.

It also makes sense as we have depth in forwards and they need help there. We need help on D and they have depth there.

I do not think we need to pay that much.

Eriksson > Higgins. But not by that much considering we could have the leverage of knowing Boston needs to clear the cap space. And Eriksson is not thriving in their system. So Eriksson is higher value still, but not by that much.

I also would skip Krug and go for Morrow. Too one dimensional. Might also bring the price down.

Kassian > Morrow. Again not by much. They both would probably be seen to have a similar upside considering their profile and respective positions. Some would argue Zack is underperforming. But even then, he is already fully established in the NHL. Which Morrow is not. Kassian is still a bit higher value than Morrow.

Eriksson and Morrow for Kassian and Higgins.

It also makes sense as we have depth in forwards and they need help there. We need help on D and they have depth there.

Still not enough coming to Vancouver. Considering the favour the Canucks are doing Boston by taking on all of that extra cap I'd want a 1st and/or another top prospect from the Bruins.

It's the season of giving, so let them give. :)

regards,

G.

Archived