The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to be Thankful, or nah?

JeremyCuddles

So I figured we got a bit of a long break here with Christmas and all. (Happy Holidays by the way.) So I figured it'd be neat to maybe for once talk about all the things we are thankful for, specifically about our boys in Blue and Green, the Canucks. We've had a bit of a retool, made some changes and honestly the on ice product is a bit more competitive.

So what has happened this year that you are the most thankful for. Is it the new coach or just the firing of Torts and Gillis, some new faces, Our lord and savior Sir Trevor Linden rejoing the Canucks, is it Jim "Does no wrong" Benning becoming GM? The new DJ maybe? Or even the soon to be retirement of the Green Men (:() Or maybe someone we drafted who you are particularly enamoured with. Or is it something I didn't mention? Lets try get some happy thoughts in here for a while eh?

Edit: Spelling errors

I am thankful for the team identifying the core roster they have and their playing style, then adding a coach who has implemented a style that compliments the team's skillset / style which in turn has brought some early season success. The team is not overly filled with depth but putting players in the proper situations to succeed makes more players on the team contribute and thus the club looks deeper.

To be honest, I'm just thankful to have a team to cheer on at all. Through very trying times it's easy to lose sight of hope and happiness but sports can be a real reprieve from that....which is why I no longer take wins/losses so seriously. When you go through the wringer and come out battered and bruised, you learn to appreciate the small stuff.....like having a hockey game on that can take it all away, at least momentarily.

I am thankful that the team is seemingly having "fun" again...that stuff's contagious. Last year was a slow drag to the finish line....this year they appear to have a renewed bond and some of the core is actually smiling. Higgy is always smiling - it's awesome. Love Kassian's personality....how can you NOT love the guy? Dorsett is quickly becoming a favourite....his feistiness is very much appreciated.

Thankful for this community....have met some great "friends" via this place and I treasure them you all.

Good thread idea OP. -I have been critical of Canucks ownership, however hiring Linden was an outstanding move, and I am thankful for that. The team feels like the Canucks again, it feels like "Vancouver's team," and for that I am thankful. -First year for Benning as the head GM, however I am thankful for him and the moves he has made. He seems to be a GM that will last long in the NHL, and he seems very intelligent about hockey. -Thanks again to Linden for getting his guy - he went in hot pursuit of Benning and got him. -Thanks to Benning and Linden for getting one of the most sought after coaches of the summer. -Thanks to WD, for recognizing that every player has something to contribute, and for publicly stating he still believed in the Sedins. -I am thankful that for no matter where the Canucks end up at the end of the season, the team feels like it has stability again. -Finally, thanks to the Sedins. Just classy guys who continue to be the face of the Canucks. What great representations of our team and city!

LOL fair enough :P 63 including that ;)

But sorry I was right?

haha Ive been reading your posts! From your point of view who else in the league is elite?

Also, Im thankful that Edler seems to be turning his game around this season and looks alot more like a top pairing D man this year again.

haha Ive been reading your posts! From your point of view who else in the league is elite?

Also, Im thankful that Edler seems to be turning his game around this season and looks alot more like a top pairing D man this year again.

I've mentioned this a few times. My elite top 5 is Chicago, LA, Anaheim, Vancouver and blues. No one from east.

I'm glad to see the team is winning more than its losing.

I think we are moving in the right direction, and I credit Linden, Benning and Desjardins.

But at the same time, my expectations are not that high.

Unless we get Hamhuis back, he plays really well, and the rest of the core stays un-injured, I expect the Canucks to qualify for the playoffs as a Wildcard team.

Which may not be such a bad thing... we'll draft higher.

Archived